• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMHO the color reflection is the better shot. Vivid!

OW, your B&W has a vintage look & fits nicely. Is that an HDR monochrome?

People are definitely not one of my strengths, but I decided to spend the day outside my comfort zone at the Festival of Nations. I found it to be quite challenging because A) it was indoors, B) it was way crowded, and C) I really wanted the candid shots. It really amazes me how many people will stop what they're doing and pose, even if you've never seen them before. Here's my first photo from yesterday, the sound mixer shot from way across the stage. Feedback is most welcome, as I'd really like to improve in this area.

6D, Tamron 70-300 @ 259mm, ISO 6400, f/6.3, 1/80sec
IMG_0900-2.jpg

A shot of my car from yesterday at Cars and Coffee.
Absolutely gorgeous day for it, the turnout was HUGE!

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18mm focal, f/8, 1/125 sec, ISO-100
IMG_0748_Small.jpg
RSX and a Cityscape by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

Yep, there was!
Cars and Coffee is the monthly meet of "anything and everything".

This is not my photo but it is so beautiful I had to share it here.

This is Snef's latest build titled Gold Wings. The build thread is here.

snef.jpg

Much like DnB, I got out of my element a bit on Saturday.
This is Adam, and he's a violinist I met in downtown Charlotte. He was kind enough to let me take some pictures of him playing!

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18mm focal, f/5.6, 1/20 sec, ISO-100
17199414979_5a74eaef4c_o.jpg
Music and a Waterfall by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

First lightning day of the season for me. My new DSLR rain cape paid for itself in one day.

Done entirely using the D5100's in camera processing in JPEG with minor level tweaking when I got home. This was daytime lightning, so I had to use the settings that would let me fire the shutter as many times as possible without the camera choking on writing to the card. Fortunately, I've played with the in camera processing enough to know what works ;)

DSC_1029.jpg

Back