• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The one in the shot turns 104 this year... not sure how much more than that I can reveal without giving away the location. I can say it was used for a while for church services. It must have been hard to work the land there - it's very hilly.

The house is sliding down the hill, but still seems really solid. After I took that shot I went inside to the second floor to shoot out the window.

.at,

he did. I keep telling him he needs to replace his storm windows! :rofl:

hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Went zipping around on the back roads today looking for winter shots. Found several.

View attachment 173375

Stunning & Stark...such a terrific image. Now THAT is something I would luv to have in a large print to hang on the wall, seriously. I wouldn't frame it with any border though, maybe something that brings it out from the wall and then non-glare glass or plastic covering it to protect. Just soooooo impressed by this one. THANK YOU

Another great shot Wolf. That's one nice thing for you guys, you get to post what you shoot. Myself being a boudoir photographer I would most likely get ban. Altho I have to say I did a really fun shoot this Thursday. The girl liked it so much she booked me for Valentines day weekend, as well as two or three sessions when it gets warm out. She told me the day of the shoot, that her sister wants to do a session as well.

The snow shots Wolf are so nice, I love them!

Dave, I don't even want to post after that... Amazing! Definitely just stared for a while, jaw slightly dropping...

It was nice and sunny for us in BC on Sunday so we had go for a rip! Sand battles on the river, made for such a nice backdrop! Used the 50mm because it's with me all the time now and most compact/easy for the track. First time doing any action shots and they turned out better than I was expecting.

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

So nice eve a rainbow decided to show itself. :)
DSC_0187.jpg

Had an awesome ride with my friend and the rain stopped when we got there and started again when we left, it was perfect timing and great weather for a shoot.

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

Cops were there when we showed up... Oh! That's why...
DSC_0297.jpg

After going through I had an after thought of maybe fixing the white balance... Nothing really bugged me about the pictures but it's not really something I do in editing. Opinions would be great? When do you guys fix it or do you just do it in camera and that's it?

I hope everyone has had a good start to February. =) Can't wait to see some spring shots?!

What was in the back of that truck... A grill?

The only things I fix on a photo are in my RAW editor; brightness, contrast, white balance, and lens correction.

You shouldn't need to adjust white balance under natural lighting. It is only affected by fluorescent and incandescent lighting.
Once again your motorcycle shots are tack sharp. Good stuff. :)

Something fun to try might be shutter priority mode, slow the shutter & create motion blur. Not always easy to do off a tripod, but makes a cool effect when it works.

You shouldn't need to adjust white balance under natural lighting. It is only affected by fluorescent and incandescent lighting.

Something fun to try might be shutter priority mode, slow the shutter & create motion blur. Not always easy to do off a tripod, but makes a cool effect when it works.

Very true statement about natural light, auto on almost any modern camera will handle that very well.

I'm using white balance adjustment a lot because of taking pictures of review samples indoors under terrible apartment lighting.

I actually wanted to try that today, as we went back to the same spot. Left camera at home as it was supposed to pour rain... Ended up being a gorgeous day. Always bring it just in case!

Thanks for the tips though, white balance is something I haven't read up on at all really. I for some reason had it set to cloudy mode when I took all those pictures and didn't realize until I got back, don't remember changing that setting at all previously... Lessons learned. Just need someone to get some pictures of me now!

Went to get more pictures of the truck today as I only took two yesterday and it was gone! Submerged, towed away? Was a bit bummed lol. Water did rise a lot over night, much more than we anticipated.

Attachments

• DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 85
Back