• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's an awesome shot OW. Makes me want to take some pictures of the nice sun rise/sets around here. Now if only I could go into work or get out of work in time to catch them.

They're planning to tear down the old Pastime Theater in town today, a 90 year old building (recently a museum) that has been declared structurally unsafe. I've been shooting it all week, hoping for one of our amazing technicolor sunrises.

Finally, just this morning, it happened. The last sunrise she'll ever see was this one.

View attachment 160500

I just... wow.
Makes me want to get out to some of the old general stores back in my home town.

I just... wow.
Makes me want to get out to some of the old general stores back in my home town.

Yeah... they're only like this once, and then they're gone. I literally shot myself sick on this one having gone out there almost every day in -20 weather, but it was totally worth it. My cold will pass.

Here's another one from this morning:

DSC_7956.jpg

Taken last night. I didn't go up to the aurora barn here and look for a pot of gold. Maybe I should have.

DSC_8047.jpg

I'd like to see the aurora borealis for myself someday, but your great shots will have to do for now.

What shutter speed and iso settings did you use?

That one, I needed my Tokina 70-210 for so it was roughly set at f5.6, ISO 800, 5 seconds. IIRC I had the Tokina dialed in close to full zoom, so the actual aperture would be a little smaller.

I haven't felt much like getting out lately, but that's okay in a way because I've still got a ton of pictures I never got around to going through. This one is from Saint Simons Island.

60D, EF-16-35L @ 16mm, ISO 200, f/11, 1/25sec
IMG_3589-Edit.jpg

I love that dangly moss stuff. I`ve never been anywhere in the world that has that.
If you stand outside in the UK you get trench foot and turn mouldy... but its not the same :D lol

A personal montage of pictures that mean something to me from 2014

DSC_0052.jpg
Turneresk skies in the village I grew up in.

DSC_0099.jpg
One of my cats offspring still unable to open its eyes.

DSC_0347.jpg
Susie cat power napping under her blanky

DSC_0490.jpg
Christmas cactus in flower.

DSC_0510.jpg
Dramatic skies looming.

DSC_0610.jpg
Cactus that took a long wait to flower... about a decade or two. lol

DSC_0680.jpg
Kitty play time.

DSC_0751.jpg
Lakeside view.

DSC_0780.jpg
As above so below.

Fin. :)

A personal montage of pictures that mean something to me from 2014

View attachment 160890
Dramatic skies looming.

Really love this shot, especially when storm season is about to start out here in the states, at least for those that live in the midwest. Hope I can grab some decent shots similar to that this year.

Nonetheless, great shot Bob!

I'm sure Wolf and his magnificent shots are prepping up for some storm clouds this year. :D

I'm sure Wolf and his magnificent shots are prepping up for some storm clouds this year. :D

I'm certainly hoping to get a bunch of the good stuff we got stiffed on last year.

Meantime, here's an old one I found on the hard drive. Usually I delete the whole folder out of frustration when I go out for lightning but don't get it. This time, I didn't do that.

Chimney Coulee Road.jpg

Last of my smart phone adventures... right place right time technology :)

DSC_0531.jpg
I like the CCTV cam silhouetted

DSC_0740.jpg
Full bloom in the stately grounds.

DSC_0762.jpg
Lake run off agitation.

DSC_0767-(1).jpg
Luring distant view.

DSC_0794.jpg
Nurturing geese

IMG_20140714_134441.jpg
Resident sand wasp.

just back from a stroll... the water was completely still... so my curiosity of reflections made me shoot a few shots.

DSC_1092.jpg
American coot... never seen one here before.

DSC_1104.jpg
I just liked the colour scheme and mirroring.

DSC_1107.jpg
once again the vividness of the birch tree reflections made me stop and pop a shot.

my pick of the better shots today. :)

camera on the smartphone is getting quite grainy and past it :(
wish I could invest in another decent cam :-/

They must have found some extra stuff to salvage in the old Pastime Theater, because the building is still up right now.

Meantime, something about the light sockets over the entry just keeps catching my eye, so I went out there again with the camera this morning:

DSC_8263.jpg

Some close up shots. My grandfather's Hamilton pocket watch which was made in 1927. Don't remember the camera settings, but I think they are HDR.

watch1_hamilton.jpg

watch2_hamilton.jpg

Some close up shots. My grandfather's Hamilton pocket watch which was made in 1927. Don't remember the camera settings, but I think they are HDR.

Great share :thup:

My grandmothers second husband was a watch maker and my neighbours father whom I have met and her sister were only just saying last night about memories of there father also being a watchmaker and there fond memories of him doing repairs.

I shall have to show them these photos. :)

we were laughing about the cuckoo clocks both ,morris and their father used to have.

other than on polski trambesh market in Bulgaria I haven't seen anyone repair a watch like that in decades. really is an incredible craft :D

Back