• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Duck landing on the Quidi Vidi harbor.

T3, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 45mm focal, f/10, 1/160 sec, ISO-100
IMG_3065_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
No chai for me (I do like the apple tea though), just Raki. Lots & lots of Raki. Mmm tiger's milk. :)

I hear that... :D

Hope you get some local made. They make it in my village in Bulgaria. 80 litre copper stills sealed with flour.
They use spring water and either tree bark or fungus to smooth it.

The bought stuff has nothing on the home made ;)

Salvaged photo no2

28703916819086326668910.jpg

Dovedale stoke/Derbyshire boarder.

A fine jaunt on a nice day :D

River Dove did a fine job of carving out that valley over the eons.

I was only able to get commercial Raki, would have like to have tried the homemade though. A friend who used to live there told me plenty of stories. lol

Basilica Cistern
18mm f/4.0, 0.5sec ISO 3200

IMG_5397.jpg

Medusa
23mm f/3.5 0.5sec ISO 3200

IMG_5415.jpg

Salvaged photo no3

vtbg19.jpg

Bulgaria`s former old capital city Veliko Tarnovo (Sofia new capital city to the west)

always loved the way that lush green vegetation holds its own against civilisation. :)

Last edited:
I actually got the camera out on a walk the other day! It's been quite a while since I've had anything to post. We'll call this first one "before", because the only green at Lake Lynn so far are the grass and the pine trees.

16982789512_47f9468c4d_b.jpg Lake Lynn, Raleigh, NC by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

The biggest turtle I have ever seen in the wild was chilling out under a bridge and came close enough for a nice portrait. I think it's a snapping turtle...just a very big one. This first one is just to show size. In the lower left corner is a full size eastern box turtle.

Large Snapping Turtle by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

...and his closeup.

16797947859_604e3cd9be_b.jpg Snapping Turtle Closeup by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is my favorite wing of the Conservatory at Como Park, the sunken garden. I'll never see it without people in it. It's either closed for weddings or it's always busy.

6D, EF16-35L @ 16mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/60sec
IMG_0165.jpg

Back