• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like the flux capacitor glitched in your DeLorean and sent you back in time.

Photo_Collage_Maker_WYTLxi.jpg

Of these two pictures, one was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5 on HDR and image stabilization. The other was taken with a Canon 7D programmed to take 3 pics in a row with -3, 0, +3 exposure. Then it was put back together using Photomatix Pro 5.0.

It's hard even for me to remember which was shot with what. The pics were taken on different days, but the weather was very similar. This is just off the Interstate 10 passing by Palm Springs.

It's pretty obvious if you open-in-new-window and view it larger. The one on the left is the 7D and the right is the S5. The S5 is noticeably softer than the 7D, which is very (very) crisp & clear. You're right though...at small sizes, they look pretty similar.

You're right Hokie, it's pretty obvious to me as well.

That said, it really should have been taken at the same time of day to be a fair comparison.

My thoughts exactly, Hookie. The picture on the left is more "grainy" if you will. More detailed.

The LEFT is the S5, the RIGHT is the 7D.

Since the pics have both been resized, I don't think graininess can be a real factor. Next time I'm there, I'll have to take a side by side comparo.

It's pretty obvious if you open-in-new-window and view it larger. The one on the left is the 7D and the right is the S5. The S5 is noticeably softer than the 7D, which is very (very) crisp & clear. You're right though...at small sizes, they look pretty similar.

Awesome color for a Civic. I talked to someone that knew this guy, it was special ordered in this color straight from the factory.

60D, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, 220mm focal, f/9, 1/320 sec, ISO-100
IMG_0112_Small.jpg

Flickr Link

r5P1ixq.jpg
I heard that the internet likes cats.
Taken with a Canon Cybershot while I was taking some pictures for a school project.
Turned out pretty cool, photography seems really fun. I should start taking more pictures

Nice first entry Etho. Too bad it didn't focus on the cat instead of the chair, it would have been even better!

A buddy of mine told me the oil people around here pay good money for infrastructure shots. So, I've been trying to remember to get those whenever I go out. Here's one now.

DSC_9348-2.jpg

Homer Simpson and I decided to visit the semi ghost town of Ravenscrag, SK, today. Here he is on a railway bridge.

DSC_9570.jpg

First day trying out my fisheye adapter!

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 55mm focal, f/13, 1/13 sec, ISO-100
IMG_0353_Small.jpg
Flickr Link

Last edited:
Back