• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Forest fruits... not sure what the first one is besides poisonous probably

DSC_1635.jpg
mystery berries... deadly nightshade or woody nightshade... Guatemalan insanity berries? :shrug:

DSC_1644.jpg
blackberries

DSC_1749.jpg
Red current

DSC_1756.jpg
Elderberries

We went to historic Yates Mill park yesterday, so I'll post some of those photos over the coming days. The clouds were nice and fluffy all day, so we'll start there.

Caught a rainbow in a cloud when the sun went behind it. Couldn't really determine how best to frame it, so I went with this; hope it's appealing.

21579187991_c0f14a385e_b.jpg Rainbow In The Clouds by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

...then the obligatory water reflection. :)

20949254043_abf2ac9ef7_b.jpg Reflections on Yates Mill Pond by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Here are some of Yates Mill proper. It's a beautiful old building restored to all its 1756 glory. It's the only park around here that I've seen require commercial photographer permits, so you know it's a popular place. Unfortunately, based on that page, it seems the permits are newly required because some photogs are fools, putting their subjects in perilous positions. Anyway...

Here's the mill itself.

20947615584_8868819b4a_c.jpg Historic Yates Mill by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

I tried my hand at some 'old' processing this go-round, for obvious reasons.

21559110082_952abf7878_c.jpg Yates Mill WIndow by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

The shapes in this last one really drew my attention. This is one of about four that I took, trying to frame in an interesting manner. Since it's such a popular place, I was trying to think of some atypical ways to shoot it. Not sure if it worked as well as it did in my head, but hopefully it gets the general point across.

20949253503_ec56b372c7_c.jpg Antique Shapes by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Nice shots hookie. Great history there. As they say, if the walls could talk.
Thank you!

Here are the last of the Mill photos from our outing. I would love to go back there just me & the camera one day; this is the best I could do without ditching my family. :)

The water wheel was a beautiful setup, rust and all.

21382334320_5b12ef149f_c.jpg Yates Mill Water Wheel by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

The mill's foundation was fascinating to me too; just rock & stilts, with the former in place since the late 1700s. Amazing.

21382533048_df805a3031_c.jpg Yates Mill Foundation by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

I also processed these with antique/filmesque styling in mind but won't clutter the thread. Instead, here are links: water wheel & mill foundation. Overall, I prefer the color shots, but see aesthetic appeal of the other type of processing.

Gave the DSLR a break this evening. This is my new LG G4 at work, manual mode. ISO 50, f1.8, 1/60 shutter speed. The only thing I let the phone do was autofocus, otherwise this was shot RAW and post processed in Rawtherapee.

I think I like this phone. Even if it needs a bit more help in post than my D5100 does ;)

20150925_183920.jpg

The G3 I have is awesome too. I imagine the G4 has a better camera than mine too :thup:
Nice phones eh?

Nice shot too! :)
Speaking of shots, there's been a lot of great shots lately guys, great work :thup:

Love the grain mill, and Bobby, you got some nice parks over the pond I see, love the castle btw.

Back