• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks! Every time I go out there, I'm surprised that house is still standing. I'd like to shoot hoarfrost out there yet and get some better lightning shots, but if the house collapsed tomorrow I think I'd be satisfied with what I've already gotten out there.

Thanks! Every time I go out there, I'm surprised that house is still standing. I'd like to shoot hoarfrost out there yet and get some better lightning shots, but if the house collapsed tomorrow I think I'd be satisfied with what I've already gotten out there.

If the house collapsed, just wait for a "moody" day and go take some more awesome shots :thup:

If the house collapsed, just wait for a "moody" day and go take some more awesome shots :thup:

My thoughts exactly before I read your post. :rofl:

Nonetheless, OW, you take some phenomenal shots sir. :salute:

Can't wait for the "tornadic" season, I mean spring. :p Put my weather station finally to some good use and hopefully get some decent shots in the yard.

Found myself a new place for lightning shots nearby. It'll be a bit tricky, these shacks are way back in the field, but my Tokina 70-210 was able to get nice and close anyway at full zoom.

Good spot for aurora, too, as this is facing north.

DSC_7255.jpg

Last edited:
One more, just because. This is the Tokina at full zoom with a 50% crop. I've been driving past this house every week for years and only noticed it today. Super inaccessible in the middle of a field, but a photographer friend of mine says the place is absolutely worth the hike. The whole building is leaning north, away from the camera.

I didn't go out there today, as I had to go to work, but you better believe I will see it up close and the camera will be there. I have a rain hood for the camera now, so even lightning is not out of the question.

Next time I'll use this place to block the view of the building behind it and probably get to the other side of the fence to make it look more isolated than it does here.

DSC_7276.jpg

Found another abandoned farm on the way to work yesterday. It was snowing pretty good at this point, so I made this one grayscale.

DSC_7521.jpg

Down by the canal... next weeks flood zone looking at it... a tad high :)

DSC_1039.jpg
overflow...

DSC_1037.jpg
swampy paths...

DSC_1022.jpg
hmm, something up that valley has burst its banks...

At the local cafe, there is a massive custom painted mural that wraps around the entire interior. It was done by a past owner of the place. I was asked to shoot it this morning, and because I likes me a challenge I said yes.

This is the 18-55 kit lens - the only one I had wide enough angle for the job.

DSC_7801.jpg

Some portraits and festivities during the Lunar New Year of warmth and blossom.
a7mII + 85mm ZA @ f2.2 ---- LARGE SIZE
16597512455_5bd90813c3_b.jpg
85mm ZA @ 2.8
16411252989_a33607aab8_b.jpg
Sigma 35mm Art @ f2.5 ---- LARGE SIZE
16399325840_9bfa7d6220_h.jpg
FE 70-200mm @ 125mm, f4
16638072641_dac2349bc2_b.jpg
FE 70-200mm @ 70mm, f8
16445121088_8ea32249f2_b.jpg
FE 55mm ZA @ f2.2
16620835452_6f0dcdc934_b.jpg
FE 70-200 @ 93mm, f4
16451621458_9b1c0ec837_b.jpg
FE 70-200 @ 95mm, f5.6 ---- LARGE SIZE
16411147657_274cc1b583_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice portrait work Sam! I'm jealous & need to work on that a lot, the only living things I take pictures of are bugs, frogs, & my cats. lol

Rare sight this far inland, Egyptian geese. I scoped the area and just the pair was around.

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

calm and collective little beasties :)

Last edited:
They're planning to tear down the old Pastime Theater in town today, a 90 year old building (recently a museum) that has been declared structurally unsafe. I've been shooting it all week, hoping for one of our amazing technicolor sunrises.

Finally, just this morning, it happened. The last sunrise she'll ever see was this one.

DSC_8008.jpg

Back