• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus VI Formula vs Sabertooth Z87

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hey everyone,
I'm about to order one of those two mobos. I'm leaning towards Formula due to looks and cause I'll be overclocking my rig. I read around that the Formula has better heat disippation when it comes to OC. The money difference is 60-70€ here. What do u suggest?

Thx in advance!

Your sig says you have an AMD Cpu? How come your going with an intel motherboard? Unless if its for a different build im assuming.

Formula, hands down. Both are good mobos, no doubt, but the sabertooth is more talk than substance for the price IMO.

Chances are that you can OC just fine on a much cheaper Z87 board than those two. Especially if you're still going to be using that H60.

Chances are that you can OC just fine on a much cheaper Z87 board than those two. Especially if you're still going to be using that H60.

Thx a lot all of u for the responses. I'm going for a custom loop with this build (it's going to be a new one from scratch). Cheaper Z87 mobo, like?

I love my Formula, I tried my hand as the AsRock, its decent boards, no doubt there, but a bad RMA experiance, and i was back on the Asus boat, and i am not sorry about it.

I love my Formula, I tried my hand as the AsRock, its decent boards, no doubt there, but a bad RMA experiance, and i was back on the Asus boat, and i am not sorry about it.

I'm really loving that board too... too bad they sell it for 300€ here and I can find it around 190-210€ abroad. Wasn't a big fan of ASrock since forever, but if I got no other choise I guess I'll be going with that.

Back