• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help deciding between these 2 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I run an AMD version of the Antech 920 AIO on mine and it works great. Yes it's was more expensive than the "Big Air Coolers" and as stated there slight possibility that you could get a lemon where the pump is defective or it may leak thus messing up other components being worse case scenario (anyone care to show some numbers on the failure rate) but then that can be applied to getting a bad set of ram,cpu,gpu ,psu ,mb ect..defects slip through the cracks sometimes. As far as big air coolers go their not perfect either as they're big they may not fit your case especially in some cases that run side panel fans as it could make for a very tight fit or you'll need to remove them(side fans) ,they can possibly block ram slots not to mention the possibility of added stress to you mb as some can be quite heavy,in the end there are pros and cons to both. mini rant done..

Alright guys home from my bf shopping with wife I ended up getting the AMD FX-8350 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and haf 922 from my local tiger direct. Now I know my 8350 will require more voltage and in turn create more heat, my question now is what will keep this baby cool in a haf 922 tower as well as what should I get to complete my build?? will this memory work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231416

Last edited:
I am trying to future proof it as I don't want to have to upgrade it for about 3-5 years, if a 6300 will do the job than I am all for it. Do you still recommend the Sabertooth board if I go the 6300 route? Also my local Tigerdirect is only carrying the crosshair V, and I refuse to buy from newegg as I they peed in my cereal, lol.. Is that a good board if I need to go the 8k series platform?
I'm a bit surprised on that one, I'm a big fan of the egg but I guess it just takes one bad experience.

Back