• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft's New Tactic: Lying about how many Xbox One's Are Sold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They sure aren't selling that is for sure. Finally figuring out what stores sell the devices and at what times.

With that said, 4 Xbox Ones are still sitting in my store locally going on day 3. Yet all the PS4's that have come into stores the day they come in are sold out within 2 hours.

Annnnnd coming full circle back to the thread topic.

They've been trying to cover that up. The Xbox Division already looks bad as it is. They can't afford to report any bad sales figures.

The sales, of course, will go up once the price goes down. This isn't 2005 anymore... nobody has 2005 money. The price of just about everything has gone and people are happy with that. Microsoft would've been smart to sell the Kinnect separately... especially since nothing but Just Dance and the damned XMB are even using it right now.

399 is still pushing it for most people... but they would've paid it for a new xbox. Hell... I would've paid that much just to play Killer Instinct...

An Xbox One is $399?

That's a mid-high end graphics card *(GTX 670s were around that when they came out, dont know what that gets you now...)

Whew, Microsoft, it's post-2008-crash, don't push it.

Last edited:
An Xbox One is $399?

That's a mid-high end (GTX 670s were around that when they came out, dont know what that gets you now...)

Whew, Microsoft, it's post-2008-crash, don't push it.

Xbox One is $499
PS4 is $399
Wii U is $299 (wouldn't even count this, you can get X360 and PS3 for $200 now)

Xbox One is $499
PS4 is $399
Wii U is $299 (wouldn't even count this, you can get X360 and PS3 for $200 now)

Yeah the Wii U really doesn't count. I still can't quite figure out why they released it. Really doesn't make any sense. I guess they ran the risk of being totally obsolete with the Wii since it didn't even have HDMI out and a lot of televisions ONLY have HDMI these days...

But still... they could've just thrown an HDMI port on the Wii like Microsoft eventually did with the 360 and called it a day.

Picked up a wiiu last weekend and have actually really been enjoying it. Playing windwaker right now and also own m3dw and pikmin3 and snagged monster hunter 3u when it was on sale. It's definitely not a system to get for third party games, but Nintendo makes some of the best/most polished first party games in the busniess.

The HD graphics make a pretty huge difference over the old Wii.

I got a wiiu for the family for Christmas. Xb1 and ps4 are impossible to find in these parts.. Newegg has combo only but I already have enough tvs and ht gear.

(No use of having an entire LINE of hardware sales failures including surface of course...)

I saw a story about this too. Interestingly everywhere in the city is sold out of both the surface 1 and 2 both RT and Pro. I even checked neighbouring cities and found a single surface 2 pro 128gb which I bought. The Microsoft store is sold out as well. Apparently the RT is selling better than the Pro right now around here. This contradicts what I've read on the interwebs. The xbox one on the other hand I've seen a few stores now that had stock. No PS4s though. The key bit missing out of this is how much stock did they have in the first place? How long was the stock sitting on the shelf before it sold?

It's definitely not a system to get for third party games, but Nintendo makes some of the best/most polished first party games in the busniess.

I think that's why there will always be a spot saved for a nintendo product next to my TV. Nintendo is known for the outright fun games targeted at everyone. It's rare to have a bunch of people over and for them to be interested in the xbox or ps3. They usually ask about mario kart or party.

i know on black friday our walmart sold out of ps4's in like 5 minutes. i heard from my cousin, i dont do consoles, well i have a 360... wife surprised me with it one day after work.. have played it like twice. lol

Actually just saw a Day One console in the store today. Guess the guy de-listed it from Craigslist and returned it LOL.

Xbox One Update:
Update wise, the places that did have it, don't anymore. And the few that got stock in for instance I was at target, someone mentioned it in the electronics section, 4 people including a cop doing security checking bought the 4 they did have in stock. Just because it wasn't on display on the show floor.

Now the question is, really how many units of each where produced. As in while might take a little longer to get Xbox Ones off the shelf they still seem to be selling, but how many where actually produced and if its compariable between the 2 consoles. At least they are spacing releases a little to give others a chance to get them.

++++
Actually just saw a Day One console in the store today. Guess the guy de-listed it from Craigslist and returned it LOL.

Xbox One Update:
Update wise, the places that did have it, don't anymore. And the few that got stock in for instance I was at target, someone mentioned it in the electronics section, 4 people including a cop doing security checking bought the 4 they did have in stock. Just because it wasn't on display on the show floor.

Now the question is, really how many units of each where produced. As in while might take a little longer to get Xbox Ones off the shelf they still seem to be selling, but how many where actually produced and if its compariable between the 2 consoles. At least they are spacing releases a little to give others a chance to get them.

I saw some Xbox Ones on the shelf yesterday AND today. Day One units as well (I don't think they sold NEARLY as many of those as they thought they were going to sell... btw... Day One systems come with Fifa here... what did they come with in the U.S.?)

There isn't a PS4 in the whole country though. They've got a display system at the Media Markt... but that's about it.

I mean of course the Xbox is selling... it's just selling MUCH much slower.

(And the Day One systems aren't selling at all because the word is out the Xbone version of Fifa sucks.)

Xbox One comes with well nothing here by default unless you get it in a bundle. Even at that think its Call of Duty or Battlefield 4 typically.

Xbox One comes with well nothing here by default unless you get it in a bundle. Even at that think its Call of Duty or Battlefield 4 typically.

Really? So the Day One systems come with nothing but the branded controller?

Btw... a link to craigslist Chicago http://chicago.craigslist.org/vga/

Couple of people still trying to get $750 bucks for an Xbox One... but most people have already dropped down to 565. Next step will be returning them to the stores.

EDIT: Wow... it really did come with NOTHING over there... that's just sad.

Well branded controller and a fancy black box! Can't forget about that! Oh as well as the day one achievement! WOOOOOW ;)

LOL Sorry couldn't resist.

Well the Xbox One Day One Edition is officially available in every store in Berlin.

I'm not quite sure if they're selling a lot of them and keeping them in stock... or whether they just aren't selling. I mean they made the Day One edition in such a way that you just flip the box and it goes from black to green and TADA! Day Two Edition!

But it's the same system with the same bundle we've had here in europe since day one.

I can understand if they're manufacturing is simply superior to Sony's... by the end of year one for the 360 they had really developed a superior means of producing that system and I don't think there was ever a 360 shortage again. So if they merely diverted all of those plants to producing Xbox Ones then they should be able to prevent a shortage.

I'm just not sure if that's really the case.

where i live, you still cant buy an xbox one anywhere, ive checked at a number of stores, everywhere is sold out, i would need to drive almost an hour away to get one. but i think they are all sold out of ps4 as well.

Lookie what I found! TWO whole PS4s in the biggest electronic store in town! They're bundled with Killzone for 459, but if I had the cash, that would be fair enough to me...

20131221_194457.jpg

...then on the OTHER side of the store.

20131221_194113.jpg

Thine eyes doth not deceive thee... That's 75 Xbox Ones. In the display. According to the computers there are 125 more in the back.

I'm not suprised in the slightest, all of my interest in the XB1 died as soon as I figured out Microsoft no longer owns the rights to MediaRoom. What's the point? At best all they will have is just a couple video channels like a Roku, I already have an Apple TV for that.

I think given the XB360 is the darling child of the industry you won't see anyone officially call the system DOA (I will though). However! God help them if Destiny isn't any good. If Destiny is medicore or a lousy game its curtians for the XB division because they have talked that game up relentlessly as being the sole reason to own the XB1. If that game is a failure you just watch how quick the long knives come out!

boxing day sales happened here in canada today. went to all the local stores, xb1 was all sold out everywhere by noon, still some ps4 left by then.
xb1 wasnt even on sale, but they are out of stock everywhere, so people are jumping on them as soon as they are available

Back