• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card only using 8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright so I have wrecked my brain on this one all night last night, worked on it till 3am.

I've got a shuttle XPC SA76-G2 with an Athlon 240, 4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS, and I recently stuck a Geforce gt240, its the model with 1 Gb DDR5 128bit.

for what ever reason its only running 8X, which I didn't think would affect performance much, seeing how its a low end card but it my thoughts were wrong about that and its only using about 30-40% of the card according to afterburner and other monitoring software.

I've gone through all the bios settings I can (which is limited on this) and its got the newest graphics drivers from NVidia (not betas though) and it still wont go to 16x.

I plug in the card in the main computer and run the same programs and it uses all of the card.

so what the heck? any ideas?

the chipset on the board is an AMD 760G, I don't know if it has any thing to do with the performance but I do remember NVidia not wanting to work in AMD environments a while ago, about the time both the videocard and chipset were released

Back