• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 780TI non SC overclockability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I'm trying to decide if I should save a little and get the EVGA 780TI w/ACX non-SuperClocked version, or go ahead and spend a little more on the SuperClocked. I've been trying to find reviews on the non-SC version to see what the overclockability is like, but all I keep finding is reviews on just the SC version. The SC version seems to overclock very well, but for all I know, those SC may be choice picked cards, while the non-SC version may not overclock well at all. If I can get a non-SC card and still run it at SC speeds no problem, I'd be happy with that.

I've never found the value in SC or SSC cards. mostly they are just slightly oc'd reference cards to begin with. and I've seen many standard reference clocked cards overclock just as far and just as well with same cooling.

I still personally don't believe the SC Or SSC cards are even binned or hand tested to be honest at least not past the point that they oc them to from factory which is usually very mild to low overclocks anyways.

not near worth the price gouge you get for a SC or SSC card in my opinion since most people just oc past that point anyways with afterburner or another tool and it doesn't void warranty anyways to OC yourself.

Back