• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How-To: Certification for CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1

I've heard stories from my Cisco professor about situations like that.

its worse when you're looking at debug information while looking for the loop. we had an issue where a loop was created at the CO of our ISP / MetroE provider. while debugging and looking at console output i noticed the flapping on the interface.

i say "oh, its this, shutting it down to get us working"

rookie in the building starts frantically pulls EVERY device out of its place on our core router.

i wanted to smack him at that point :bang head i spent the good day of the afternoon chasing problems from that issue.

its worse when you're looking at debug information while looking for the loop. we had an issue where a loop was created at the CO of our ISP / MetroE provider. while debugging and looking at console output i noticed the flapping on the interface.

i say "oh, its this, shutting it down to get us working"

rookie in the building starts frantically pulls EVERY device out of its place on our core router.

i wanted to smack him at that point :bang head i spent the good day of the afternoon chasing problems from that issue.

:shock:
wow. :bang head

I failed recently, and am getting back on the bandwagon. I read the book three times and used some other lab software by Boson that was meh. My weakness was troubleshooting, as I don't have any real world experience doing, just routine config.
I'm gonna go GNS3 and PT this time and check out the practice exams IMOG listed.

Back