• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geekbench! December Marathon II Event

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

GeekBench!!

This month the Marathon Benching Competition will be continuing with: geekbench.
Please refer to the MBC rules here for any clarification on what is and isn't allowed.

Here is the download
This is a new benchmark on Hwbot, but it has been used for forum wars a few times. So, there should be some tweaks buried around here somewhere.

Let the tweaking begin!!!!

What: Geekbench -multi core
Who: any forum member
Cpu: any CPU, no speed cap
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends December 31th, 12pm PST
Background TBD

We will be using the free 32-bit version of the bench

Full Competition Rules: here

Competition Background: pick one from here

Screenshot example:
gb.jpg

Results:

Last edited:
Can anyone show us the format for posting results please??? As i would like to try this.

Kind Regards,

AJ.

Can anyone show us the format for posting results please??? As i would like to try this.

Kind Regards,

AJ.
There is a link to the rules in the first post...(FULL COMPETITION RULES): http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7358953#post7358953

General Rules:
- Must use current competition background (posted in current competition thread)
- Must follow Hwbot rules for submissions (here for reference)

Now, as the first post says, there is not currently a chosen backround, so you should use one of rezam's.

Last edited:
Sorry i made MESS i just a guessed at the Format before i saw Quickfast post!!

EDIT: I deleted the other posts and redone the format, the same as Quickfast now.

AJ.

Last edited:
I linked to the right instructions 15 mins before that, but ok. :p

Also, Geekbench is a CPU benchmark so you do not need the GPUz screen posted since GPUs are not tested. ;)

Ajay, to make it easy on yourself, you have two monitors. Put the example SS from Hwbot up on one monitor and make your other screen contain the same required information. Easy breezy.

Last edited:
OK ED on the 2 monitors, but i find for some reason my scores are higher using 1 Screen, don't ask me why. Because i do not know the answer my friend!!

AJ.

Well, you should have it now anyway, but I thought there was a way to enable the other monitor after the benchmark... but, you should have it by this point. :)

Nice run! Maaaaaaaaybe I will beat your score by the end of the month...maaaaaaaaybe. :)

Oh by the way i was not really trying too hard ED!!! There is still a chance buddy!:p :)

If someone don't change the rules here!!

Last edited:
I think we need to run this in 32bit mode since that is the only option for the free version and 64bit is a little faster.

Maybe, but i just paid for my version, i wish someone had put this into the Comp Notes before hand!!

I think we need to run this in 32bit mode since that is the only option for the free version and 64bit is a little faster.
Good call. Agreed. I had no idea that you had to pay for 64bit...

I am confirming which version should be used although I suspect the free 32 bit version is what is expected to be used because free > not free :)

All i can say MrBentley is you pay your dues and make a choice!! But if its official and the rules is changed then i will reluctantly abide by it.

P.S. Its too late now i can not get a refund.

AJ.

I wouldn't want anyone to unnecessarily pay for a bench. Free is definitely better than not free.
I am not sure what the 64 bit cost is or how much of an advantage it is. I would suggest that no one else buys it. 32 bit will likely be the standard to use, but I will leave it up for debate, and let bmwbaxter make the final call.

My apologies Ajay. I didnt realize that there was 2 different versions.

Back