• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geekbench! December Marathon II Event

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There will be a draw for a Final Fantasy IV code for everyone who competes this month.

Big thanks to Robert17 for the donation!

Too bad only one of my X5650s will boot, (bad QPI link, RMA already accepted by EVGA, just have to ship my board to them)
I do wonder if I had two at 3.9 GHz, would the score be exactly double? Intriguing =P 32k would be very close to the OP's screenie of the dual 10 core E5 Ivy Xeons... no wonder Intel disabled BLCK overclocking on their new Xeons. Lmfao, coming very close to a processor 2 generations newer and 4 fewer physical cores...
Ah well, at least I still beat all of the AMD processors that are on water... lol

3qYTEOY.png

Last edited:
It won't double Cul... Keep dreaming.

Processor performance isn't linear like that? Shame :*( I will keep dreaming though, when Xeons once again rule the top of the bench charts like they did when my board was popular in 2010 =P

To be honest, I am not sure what it will do. Typically, it will be in the ballpark of doubling, but it won't double. It would be interesting to see how close it actually gets honestly. IB would think 80%?

Sorry, but that's not comparing apples to apples, because its WIN 8 64 Bit, because when i used WIN 7 64 Bit my score was higher. But as a ball park figure it does give some indication to Cul!!

Keep those Xeon's cooking my friend!! :p :thup:

AJ.

Sorry, but that's not comparing apples to apples, because its WIN 8 64 Bit, because when i used WIN 7 64 Bit my score was higher. But as a ball park figure it does give some indication to Cul!!

Keep those Xeon's cooking my friend!! :p :thup:

AJ.

It was run in 32bit mode. :)

Geekbench 3.1.2 Tryout for Windows x86 (32-bit)

will post the new thread and update all the scoreboards later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: break out the 3d gear!!!!

Back