• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions of a Benchmarking Noob looking to join the game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Currently #2!

of 2. But I think I can beat him. It's only worth another 1/2 point, but that's my point to get.

Then I'm #1 baby!! LOL :thup:

i started just like this benching and trying to beat whoever was in front on 3dmark site.

Then i found hwbot and the ball started to roll, more benches, more people and moar power!

if i were you id try and see why he is in front with less speed, look at timings/speed on ram, volts, clocks and os.

maybe he has a decent OS with a few tweaks, or maybe his ram profile suits the bench!

i started just like this benching and trying to beat whoever was in front on 3dmark site.

Then i found hwbot and the ball started to roll, more benches, more people and moar power!

if i were you id try and see why he is in front with less speed, look at timings/speed on ram, volts, clocks and os.

maybe he has a decent OS with a few tweaks, or maybe his ram profile suits the bench!

yep I'm already on it. Got a secondary drive and I'm going to install win 7 on it soon and will push a bit harder. My run was at app stable setting just to see where I'd land. Now to try and get 1st. Damn it mandrake, I think I'm hooked.

yep I'm already on it. Got a secondary drive and I'm going to install win 7 on it soon and will push a bit harder. My run was at app stable setting just to see where I'd land. Now to try and get 1st. Damn it mandrake, I think I'm hooked.
I warned you.

You know I think the worst part of it all. I got BF4 and COD ghosts for Xmas. I have about 3 hours logged in BF4 and haven't even opened COD yet. So much for my gaming rig. Lol

Currently #2!

of 2. But I think I can beat him. It's only worth another 1/2 point, but that's my point to get.

Then I'm #1 baby!! LOL :thup:

Lol. Don't waste a lot of time trying to get by that guy. He already has a million backups for everything he runs. Played that game before. ;)
Just do your best, honestly, and have fun. Don't get consumed in the points thing. Keep it fun and you'll be much happier. :)

EDIT- BTW, that submission is in the wrong category. You have a 6000+ Windsor, not a 6500 Kuma. ;)

You should be able to edit that submission blaylock. Go to the submission in hwbot then there should be an option to edit at the top right.

Also, if you want to change your team to overclockers.com, you are welcome to.

@ Blaylock - For future reference, screenshot needs to have everything visible. See pic.
Otherwise it's just a matter of time before somebody reports it and it gets removed.

@ Blaylock - For future reference, screenshot needs to have everything visible. See pic.
Otherwise it's just a matter of time before somebody reports it and it gets removed.

Ya I just noticed that today too. It seems when I resized the image to fit under 2gb it chopped part of it I'm just going to delete that sub as I have a better run now any how

Ya I just noticed that today too. It seems when I resized the image to fit under 2gb it chopped part of it I'm just going to delete that sub as I have a better run now any how
Nice! You'll find that as you progress, you'll better your scores frequently. Keep at it.......and keep it fun. :)

You should be able to edit that submission blaylock. Go to the submission in hwbot then there should be an option to edit at the top right.

Also, if you want to change your team to overclockers.com, you are welcome to.

Scores edited.

Also, Thank you for the invite to the team. I do not have my 20 points yet and I'm not sure if I'll get there in the allowed 30 days. However, I am very interested in joining and was planning on submitting my entry request once I reached the 20pt min.

Edit: May have mis-understood your intentions. Joined team Overclockers.com in HWBot. Thanks

Last edited:
Time to resurect this thread.

Ok, so now that I've got some dedicated benching hardware arriving and such I've been working on some of the suggestions form the previous posts.

Todays problem is in creating bootable iso's. I've created stripped OS's using nlite and RT seven but I can't seem to make them bootable. I know it's a noob thing and I feel silly even asking the question, but how can I make my ISO bootable. I've googled it and there seems to be 100 programs to do this but can't you just save the ISO as bootable?

I would have thought that have been an option with the rt7 etc programs, or does that just give you the raw files and you have to do something with them? I can't remember, been a while.

IIRC the option was to create and save an ISO image. I've put the image on a flash drive, CD, DVD and no luck. I can't even get the image to run the windows installer thru windows like the original disk. Kinda dumbfounded.

I'll post much more on this tonight as I get into it again.

I'll try wintobootic again when I get home. I seem to remember this working before. Been a while. LOL

Last edited:
Back