• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$100 GPU for Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

I know, crazy question.

Looking into moving my old FX-4100, PSU, case, etc into a lower-end rig for my gf for her birthday in February.

I only need Motherboard, RAM, and Video card to complete a system for her.

I was thinking an 880G Board (I have an old Micro ATX case) with 8GB of 1600 RAM. Then a video card in the $100 range.

I have it somewhat narrowed down:
AMD 7770, AMD R7 260X, nVidia 650ti

Thoughts on these? The alternative is to save up some extra and upgrade my card and hand down the 560ti 448-core as well.

get the 650ti boost. its been rated absolute best card for the money in red and green the lil bit more is absolutely worth it. what would you upgrade to? mobo and ram are up to you hats very preference based.

If I were to upgrade my card I would most likely go with a 280X. However, since I currently am gaming at 1600x1200 I find this card really works quite well. Perhaps the 1GB of memory can hold me back, but I find the 384MB bus works really well, and I am yet to play a game other than 64-player Battlefield and heavily modded (70+) Skyrim that causes any lag.

If I could find a 2nd 560ti 448-core anywhere I'd try SLI for fun, but alas...

that res is weird lol how does it look? what monitor? just curious. and the 64 player might be more due to cpul.

1600x1200 isn't weird. It's 4:3 just like 1024x768 or 1280x1024, just higher resolution.

Sorry I've never really dealt with anything other than 1080p so I want sure and was curious about out.

No worries. I've had thi monitor (a Samsung) since 2006, and not a single dead pixel or any issues at all. I didn't go widescreen at that point because at the time games weren't primarily widescreen yet. This monitor has lasted a very long time, and now 4:3 is no longer the standard, sadly.

Back