• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9370 issues with Crosshair Formula V - Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not about to go get a refund and switch back over to my broken pin 8320 (still works). This beats the hell out of it by about 500MHz and much decreased voltage.

I saw that as well. Temps and voltages is why he had trouble before he started out to establish the baseline @4.7Ghz.

I can see 72c on the cpu/socket, but he is already beyond the 62c on the core/package where craziness can begin to happen.

The situation he is seeing is why that other user tested his 9370 about 2 days and got a refund. I now see why you think your FX-9370 is a 'cherry', Johan45.
RGBobertster...stignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

With any luck I can find out soon, I'm trying to talk the boys into to helping me put it together right now.
I do think that's a ton of heat for such a low voltage. I know the TT AIO could handle 1.476 on the 8350 at about 45c , I just wondered abot airflow and such. RGone knows how I like to fuss with stuff till it's the way I like it.
What's your set-upfor ventilation and fans on the rad??

The testing was done with both panels completely open and the fan grill on the top of the case was also removed to reduce any impediments on the testing itself. I had two static pressure Corsair SP 120 pwm controlled running at 100% pushing the air through the TT radiator. The measured RPM was 2150 if you wanted that info. Pump speed was 3100. As for the cooling on the back of the case I had a reasonably powered house fan full throttle and about five inches back from the mobo. Lastly, I had a 120 mm fan pointing directly at the NB and MOSFETS.

EDIT: Ambient room temp is around 24 degrees Centigrade

It's the best I got for now. (I had pictures too but they were too big. :( )

Last edited:
I hope y'all had a fantastic christmas and have a happy new year!

I'm back at my machine and I have my plan but I still have a few questions as to what parts I should be buying. As far as all liquid cooling products is there anything I should avoid? I'm pretty sure everything in this niche market would be reputable, but getting outside sources helps.

What I want:

1 triple 120 rad standard thickness
1 double 140 rad slim thickness
1 R9 290 waterblock
1 AMD waterblock

I hope to have this all built within the coming weeks along with some performance benchmarks.

I hope y'all had a fantastic christmas and have a happy new year!

I'm back at my machine and I have my plan but I still have a few questions as to what parts I should be buying. As far as all liquid cooling products is there anything I should avoid? I'm pretty sure everything in this niche market would be reputable, but getting outside sources helps.

What I want:

1 triple 120 rad standard thickness
1 double 140 rad slim thickness
1 R9 290 waterblock
1 AMD waterblock

I hope to have this all built within the coming weeks along with some performance benchmarks.
Pump? Tubing?

Pump? Tubing?
Nah, I can use magic.

Joking aside, Does the tubing matter? I mean a bigger volume of water running through a tube should result in a lower temperature due to water's heat capacity but I'm using a pretty large reservoir which will probably be the main reason why it gets cooler.

I'm using a swiftech pump. Can't remeber which one but I think it's the one in the Linus' tech tips video of the overkill pc build.

I'm still trying to find the piece of paper where all this stuff is. When I find it I'll post what I had originally.

Okay, here's what I was asking earlier. Is there a difference between the metals the blocks are made out of? Basically do I need to pay 94 dollars for a full copper block or do I spring for the Acetal one for 74 dollars? I have a pretty big budget but I don't want to go the full 10 yards IF there's no benefit.

Okay, here's what I was asking earlier. Is there a difference between the metals the blocks are made out of? Basically do I need to pay 94 dollars for a full copper block or do I spring for the Acetal one for 74 dollars? I have a pretty big budget but I don't want to go the full 10 yards IF there's no benefit.
Your best bet is to just look up reviews on the blocks, but I'd bet the difference between the two is a couple of C at best.

As far as tubing, the diameter of the tube really doesn't make a difference with temps. I would suggest though, going with 1/8 " thick tubing because it is less likely to kink or flatten out when when making bends. So either 3/8" id x 5/8" od or 1/2" id x 3/4" od.

So I went with the EK Supremacy. I also included an XSPC 290 Card cooler and a decent amount of rad and reservoir volume.

The EK is nickel plated for corrosion and it's universal so I don't have to change it if I wanted to cool an Intel chip in the future. The reason why I went with this block vs. the Koolance was difference. I know Mandrake4565 has an EK block but it's the older version and I wanted to be different.

Also bought that chipset fan. Looking forward to being part of the liquid cooled gang here in a couple of days!

ZeypherUndellus, no problem with doing or going a little different. Gives us all a look-see into another piece of quipment. Hehehe. Luck man.
RGone...nuts.

Yeah got the 370 earlier version and it works good also. I like the hefty AMD mounts of that cooler since I made mounts like it in design to use on my D-tek block.
RGone...

I think that's what swayed me too it is a beefy mount, fornt and back. I can crank it down pretty good and not worry about the board.

So I went with the EK Supremacy. I also included an XSPC 290 Card cooler and a decent amount of rad and reservoir volume.

The EK is nickel plated for corrosion and it's universal so I don't have to change it if I wanted to cool an Intel chip in the future. The reason why I went with this block vs. the Koolance was difference. I know Mandrake4565 has an EK block but it's the older version and I wanted to be different.

Also bought that chipset fan. Looking forward to being part of the liquid cooled gang here in a couple of days!

I was tossed up between the two myself. The performance was similar, so I settled on looks and like I said under RGone. Just heavy duty!! The nickle plate on the inside lasted about 2 months and it had worn off. Might have something to do with the flow rate?? :chair:

I was tossed up between the two myself. The performance was similar, so I settled on looks and like I said under RGone. Just heavy duty!! The nickle plate on the inside lasted about 2 months and it had worn off. Might have something to do with the flow rate?? :chair:

Seems like we have different tastes in appearance because I also bought the EK for looks! Of course it has to do with the fact that my case is going to be themed to a certain color (why stop at watercooling when you can go all the way right?) so I bought the one with insert-able LEDs.

I care less about if it was heavy duty or not, I guess I'm more of a features kinda guy. :D

And RGone, my thoughts exactly.

I needed a bit of stability just because of my set up, those heavy hoses put a bit o stress on things, as you can see I didn't have to worry about a case theme. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7580043&postcount=859

:shock:
Holy @#$%. I wish I could 1 up you but this is a college dormitory... They don't even allow those things!

Yeah most of my hoses will be supported by the stuff on top of the case allowing less stress on the CPU block.

Can I ask what your temps are? That thing's a monster! :chair:

ZeypherUndellus, be careful what you wish for, there are a bunch of us here that are a bit off from center. We do silly things just to see how far we can push. My rig is no stranger to my back deck seen here and Johan just nicely hangs his rad outside to suck that cold Canadian air through it. Both of us have seen negative water temps, with antifreeze in the lines and have benched high in the 5.6-5.8 ghz range

Nice. That's very intriguing to know. Since I live in the south I can't hang my rig outside for the air, but still I (somewhat) envy you. Of course, one has to start somewhere, and this is where I start right? I can dream, dang it!

Back