• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabretooth 990FX R2.0, BIOS 2104

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I meant the whole system, cpu as well before you do a flash.

Don't worry, I will not plan to overclock 4.7GHz cpu for now :)
So I flashed v2005, and all settings in bios by default, just ecc disabled. I installed w8.1 x64 no unwanted reboots.
But when I installed graphics driver, random reboots again.
So tomorrow I'll continue with downgrading.. hope one of them will help.. :/

Don't worry, I will not plan to overclock 4.7GHz cpu for now :)
So I flashed v2005, and all settings in bios by default, just ecc disabled. I installed w8.1 x64 no unwanted reboots.
But when I installed graphics driver, random reboots again.
So tomorrow I'll continue with downgrading.. hope one of them will help.. :/

What video card and driver version are you using?

My graphics is ASUS HD7870-DC2TG-2GD5-V2 with driver 13.152 (latest from asus site).

Edit: btw with my previous mobo (M4A79-XTD EVO) it worked w/o any issue.

Hi guys,
So I tested many possibilities, but with no succes.
Tests:
-driver change - no succes/windows wont boot, due to bootlops
-disconnection of all unneeded drives (tried to check if psu is weak-650w), just kept main hdd(sata1 brown) and dvd(sata5 brown) - no succes
-changed ahci to ide in bios-no succes
-disconnection of front audio cable w/ change hd audio to ac97 in bios-no success
-done downdrage to all mentioned bios versions-no succes
Whole bios setup by default, except disabled ecc and boot.

So I still have random reboots and now Im even not able to install windows (w8.1 x64).

So I'm gonna to RMA MoBo.

Sounds good as anything. It is time to begin physical parts replacement, so that is about as good a first thing to change out as anything.
RGone...

Yeah, sounds like something is twapped. Hopefully a mobo swap does the trick.

If not, RAM and CPU next... doh!

Hi guys,
So I tested many possibilities, but with no succes.
Tests:
-driver change - no succes/windows wont boot, due to bootlops
-disconnection of all unneeded drives (tried to check if psu is weak-650w), just kept main hdd(sata1 brown) and dvd(sata5 brown) - no succes
-changed ahci to ide in bios-no succes
-disconnection of front audio cable w/ change hd audio to ac97 in bios-no success
-done downdrage to all mentioned bios versions-no succes
Whole bios setup by default, except disabled ecc and boot.

So I still have random reboots and now Im even not able to install windows (w8.1 x64).

So I'm gonna to RMA MoBo.

Did you ever try an older bios like 508, I think it's that Patriot memory that's giving you all the problems but that's me.

Did you ever try an older bios like 508, I think it's that Patriot memory that's giving you all the problems but that's me.

Hmm, thats a good point Johan. I didnt realize thats what he was using. I've had hit and miss luck with some Patriot stuff in the past.

The oldest bios, which I've tested was 0803, and PC havent booted, also CPU LED has been lighted up.

I suppose the older bios wont support my CPU (FX9590) or?

Do u think that all this miserable stuff is caused only by patriot memory?
Cause one week before I had KHX24C11T3K2/16X, and those had many errors during memtest.

So which memory should I use?

Ok sorry I should have said 803 and it will support you CPU that's not the issue. I do think it's a definate possibility. Have you tried it with just 1 dimm and at default speed? Or could you borrow some G.Skill from a friend maybe??

The oldest bios, which I've tested was 0803, and PC havent booted, also CPU LED has been lighted up.

I suppose the older bios wont support my CPU (FX9590) or?

Do u think that all this miserable stuff is caused only by patriot memory?
Cause one week before I had KHX24C11T3K2/16X, and those had many errors during memtest.

So which memory should I use?

On the R2.0 mobo, you find higher-end G.Skill and Kingston RAM will work nicely. There are definitely other though.

I'm currently using the Team Extreem RAM, which has been excellent so far. But this is the 1st time I've used that brand.

I have tested CPU with one each RAM module also, and no change. But once Ive flahed 803, system havent boot up. And CPU LED was lighting up, so I dont know.
I'll return the Patriot memory modules and buy some G-Skill, before purchase, I'll try to search some test memory from my friends.
I wanted to buy the Kingston modules, but Ive not found any supported by this MoBo,which is for sale here.

Oops, managed to cut off part of my post...

If you have access to any other RAM you can use to test, it might be a good idea to do so before RMA'ing that mobo. If you get a new mobo, it'll just have the same problem IF its really the RAM.

Also did you clear the Cmos after you did the bios flash?? You need to. Are you saying it won't boot at all now?

Also did you clear the Cmos after you did the bios flash?? You need to. Are you saying it won't boot at all now?

Sure, every flash I cleared cmos. When I have flashed 803, it won't boot, if I flash some later version, it boots, but still random reboots, and even, Im not able to install windows.

What is your power supply, I glanced through the posts and didn't see any mention of it. Be specific with make and model

Back