• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabretooth 990FX R2.0, BIOS 2104

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure I would call it actually "showing-off". I have seen a steady test and tune and test and tune for at least 1.5 years now. You as have others, taken the FX processors and readily available boards and parts and pieces and extended the fun factor quite a great deal.

You worked your way up toward that 6,000Mhz validation and then when nearly there you worked nearly 3 days when right there. Most don't have the gut it out internal mechanism to tweak it and fail and tweak it and fail and then hit it another time and get there. It takes work and effort. Congrats man.
RGone..ster.

Awww shucks. :ty:

Somethimes a later bios may be a good thing and other times it is just another piece of firmware.
RGone...

Well if that 6Ghz is rock solid stable I will totally eat my own words but these new versions tend to increase maximum stable overclock/undervolt range and therefore be better for general user. That being said I have to admit that sometimes new versions come out buggy or worse but generally they are improved.
For the max OC earlier bios versions are usually better. They seem to be more tolerant for unstable overclocks.

Well if that 6Ghz is rock solid stable I will totally eat my own words but these new versions tend to increase maximum stable overclock/undervolt range and therefore be better for general user. That being said I have to admit that sometimes new versions come out buggy or worse but generally they are improved.
For the max OC earlier bios versions are usually better. They seem to be more tolerant for unstable overclocks.

You're right that 6.0 wasn't stable and it was one core but the 5.4 was pretty solid I didn't Prime it but it was very useable.

Saw that 2301 version just the other day. I'll let some one else try it out first, lol

Good idea I did some testing tonight you should have a look at this
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731320&page=120

I saw that BIOS rev 2501 came out not too long ago, and being slightly OCD with updates, I decided to give it shot ;)

I had v2005 on standby to Flashback if needed, but no issues!

2501 has been stable for me, and no issues with temps, or odd voltages required for any components.

I saw that BIOS rev 2501 came out not too long ago, and being slightly OCD with updates, I decided to give it shot ;)

I had v2005 on standby to Flashback if needed, but no issues!

2501 has been stable for me, and no issues with temps, or odd voltages required for any components.

Thanks for the report there man. Keeps us in the know since most of us do not flash forward that much.
RGone...

Back