• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To Ti or not to TI.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What this shows is that you do not have to buy a TI if your 1080p or just web browsing or what ever. That Zotac is very close for your average joe looking to up grade , but does not want to blow a whole load of cash on a TI. I am not saying there is anything wrong here with the TI, just pointing out the possible alternative Manu!!

And with prices rising on the R9 290 Range things at the moment are getting a little tight buddy.

AJ.

Non Ti overclocks very well too, my 780 classified does 1215MHz on the core easy by just moving the slider to +80MHz, that's ~25% increase without any effort, no overvolting, and stock bios, so I would say 780 overclocks as well as 780ti.

One of my 670's I have in SLI is a Zotac, It cost much less than my other 670 an EVGA FTW model no less and it keeps right up with the EVGA card. I OC the cards and sync them both and no problems the Zotac is right there with the more expensive model 670 :thup:

I will always consider Zotac in future purchases. They have proven worthy to me :D

Thanks rogbur for the remarks and your own personnel experiences it is always good to get Feedback. It certainly helps the membership to make informed choices.

AJ.

Thanks rogbur for the remarks and your own personnel experiences it is always good to get Feedback. It certainly helps the membership to make informed choices.

AJ.

Love to chime in when I think it will help. Not to mention that your charts now have me considering an Amped edition 780, that thing is a beast :thup:

Yep i am thinking about 2 x Amps in Sli as well for Benching on the Hwbot!!!

Snap 2013-12-22 at 17.43.12.jpg

Snap 2013-12-22 at 17.44.03.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
Again, I want to avoid SLI in the future. Not worth it when I'm getting a 2nd card already 2 gens after imo.

And for some reason, I never seem to have any luck with o/c'ing vid cards.

And it might only be 1080p gaming, but it will always be 120Hz min, and more then likely in 3D. Possibility of G-sync in the future, so no AMD.

I'm still leaning to the TI. The $200 extra I spend now, won't be spent anytime soon for a upgrade or SLI. If you reread my first post, I tend to (finally) upgrade after 2 gens. Will the vanilla 780, even if o/c'd, really suit me for 2 gens? Or will the $200 premium for the TI suit me better?

As i have already clearly said, the choice is yours and yours alone, i was just stating a personnel point of view! And was trying to show there is a choice depending on how much you have in your pocket. As most the Members would say go with the latest TECH if you can afford it, as for the others maybe a GTX 780. Would be a informed choice, Merry Christmas.

AJ.

Will the vanilla 780, even if o/c'd, really suit me for 2 gens? Or will the $200 premium for the TI suit me better?

I can't tell for 2 gens regarding 3D gaming (neither for the Ti or non Ti): many evolutions are still being implemented in light rendering like global illuminations (ray tracing is still far away) and don't use the GPU the same way rasterization do nowaday.
But I would definitely answer yes if similar technologies (or even more efficient in terms of ressources) are kept for the two next gens :)

Don't underestimate the 780, I am not convinced you'd have those questions few months back when the Ti didn't even exist or ask " should I wait one more gen for 3D 1080p 120Hz single GPU stuff?"
The 780 has what it takes right now and for the next year, further than that, it can't be told because I have no cristal ball :thup:

EDIT: oh, and Merry Christmas! :D

Back