• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Nintendo's Fans Killing them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm not so sure about being done:
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...real-iwata-comments-on-companys-future/72685/

look up the specs of the Nintendo "fusion" and at this point in time it answers the mobile gaming issue that some of you guys seem to have.

I can understand why donkey kong, Mario, Zelda, Kirby and pokemon aren't on phones, I can also understand why gears of war, and a real halo game aren't either....as for sony I don't know what they have exclusively that they keep pushing that's relevant any more....uncharted? god of war?

any way I can see why these aren't mobile but I don't know how I can convey it in text...

Uncharted
God of War
Infamous
Gran Turismo
<Insert Naughty Dog Game Here>
Ratchet and Clank
Kingdom Hearts

There's probably others that I'm missing for Sony exclusives.

From your post, I can get DK, Mario, Zelda, and probably Kirby to not be on phones (poor control scheme), but a turn-based game like Pokemon would be perfect, no? And they could sell microtransaction crap with it as well?

I think the trick is finding ways to either have companion applications or find game-styles that could be multi-platform (controller and mobile, for example)

“While we are only going to be able to start this with the next system, it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture.

What the hell DID they do with the Wii U architecture? I thought all they managed to accomplish with that was almost tanking the company...

I bought a Wii U for the wife and kids at Christmas, They love it.

Me? ehh.. not so much. But hey whatever. I have my pc, or my vita, maybe a ps4 shortly, well see..

What the hell DID they do with the Wii U architecture? I thought all they managed to accomplish with that was almost tanking the company...

I think what they mean is in regards to the hardware, from a tech spec point of view its pretty impressive, especially going from the wii to the wii u

the wii having a single core RISC cpu running 729Mhz and 64MB of ram to the wii u having a tri core RISC cpu at ~1.25Ghz and 2 gigs of ram all in a smaller package with more bells and whistles and special protocols

^that architecture

I don't think its been conveyed to the public that its capable of so much more than the old wii yet retaining its ability to do all the old stuff, programming for games hasn't changed but theres more to work with. if people are still complaining about its hard to program for then they must make crap games because over 100 million wii's out there with shovel ware galore suggests most programmers have figured it out.

I think whats killing them is the shovel ware, they have gotten to lax on the Nintendo "seal of approval" and hands it out when ever some one gives them X amount of money, but that's why they are still able to make a new system and possibly write off another one all together.

this wouldn't be the first one they would write off, some of the young uns probably don't know about virtual boy, sure this ones been out longer and you don't have to duct tape it to your head but its a bit more flag ship than the VB was ever planned to be. I think they could completely write off the system and not bat an eye

I think what they mean is in regards to the hardware, from a tech spec point of view its pretty impressive, especially going from the wii to the wii u

the wii having a single core RISC cpu running 729Mhz and 64MB of ram to the wii u having a tri core RISC cpu at ~1.25Ghz and 2 gigs of ram all in a smaller package with more bells and whistles and special protocols

^that architecture

I don't think its been conveyed to the public that its capable of so much more than the old wii yet retaining its ability to do all the old stuff, programming for games hasn't changed but theres more to work with. if people are still complaining about its hard to program for then they must make crap games because over 100 million wii's out there with shovel ware galore suggests most programmers have figured it out.

I think whats killing them is the shovel ware, they have gotten to lax on the Nintendo "seal of approval" and hands it out when ever some one gives them X amount of money, but that's why they are still able to make a new system and possibly write off another one all together.

this wouldn't be the first one they would write off, some of the young uns probably don't know about virtual boy, sure this ones been out longer and you don't have to duct tape it to your head but its a bit more flag ship than the VB was ever planned to be. I think they could completely write off the system and not bat an eye

They will have to bat a couple of eyes this time... Consumer confidence is low and the market will not be that forgiving next time around.

The backlog of there games from the NES, SNES and N64 was huge and they had so many different genres heck the Final Fantasy series as Rainless mentions was the bomb for Nintendo. But they refused to move with the future and go to disc based games thus why the PlayStation was born had Nintendo maybe worked with Sony who know what that console could have brought to the gaming world.

By refusing to move with the times and again as stated hold on to cartridges as long as possible it came to bite them on the backside because PlayStation was born and it became a huge household name in the console industry and still stays strong today surpassing Nintendo. The Wii held ground but quickly died off when there was no decent 3rd party support and its the same for the Wii U which in my opinion should have been delayed a while till they had a least a decent catalog of games to come with it.

The backlog of there games from the NES, SNES and N64 was huge and they had so many different genres heck the Final Fantasy series as Rainless mentions was the bomb for Nintendo. But they refused to move with the future and go to disc based games thus why the PlayStation was born had Nintendo maybe worked with Sony who know what that console could have brought to the gaming world.

By refusing to move with the times and again as stated hold on to cartridges as long as possible it came to bite them on the backside because PlayStation was born and it became a huge household name in the console industry and still stays strong today surpassing Nintendo. The Wii held ground but quickly died off when there was no decent 3rd party support and its the same for the Wii U which in my opinion should have been delayed a while till they had a least a decent catalog of games to come with it.

If the Ultra 64 had been released as it was supposed to... with its original specs and a home version of Killer Instinct and Cruisin U.S.A.... then Sony would've been stopped before they got started. They had everything under wraps at that time. The home market, the arcades, handhelds...

I've been telling people for years that allowing them to get away with not innovating for nostalgia's sake that nintendo's own fans would be the death of them.

i'm not sure if this topic is beating a dead horse or a horse that wasn't alive to begin with...
this is coming from some one who spent 6 hours yesterday playing pokemon X and trying to find that last final game cube wave bird controller to make ultimate cube

I have owned many Nintendo systems. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, 3DS, and Virtual Boy.

10 systems in total.

What I will say is that after N64, Nintendo's quality control took a nosedive. When they started on their endless cycle of re-releases in the Gamecube days and started farming out beloved Nintendo properties to third party developers (Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F Zero) I lost all faith.

I will never buy another Nintendo system.

You can tell that I was a die-hard Nintendo fan because I bought a virtual boy when they came out in 1995.. Then they cancelled the system like 2 weeks later... I was bummed.

the drive is in my wii kept breaking so many times that by the fourth time it broke, i was out of money. so right now its in a plastic walmart bag in pieces waiting for another drive. the unit works, its just the poorly made wii drives that keep breaking in this wii. i cant eve play the virtual console games without the drive installed.

as for my game cube, its still kicking around!

I've never come across a broken wii drive personally
infact my launch system is still all original, no broken any thing on it.
now the wii-motes that came with it act a little odd but I have got so many wii motes with games over the past few years I really just don't use the super old ones any more

They should have deals like the playstation store does. Get a game for half price, or 5 bucks.. Weekly deals would help them out a lot, I think. When I first got my vita I laughed at the price of games. But then they rolled out more and more games, brought out weekly deals and flash sales. That's what Nintendo needs to do instead of crying.

they also need to let people talk about there systems out on public media, reviews and what haves you. instead of claiming peoples stuff as nintendos, shutting down the video/pics/reviews because they are of their games but totally silencing what people are trying to get across to the public about the games or systems or what have you they spent all the time on creating a review or started discussing.

I mean why would you do that? that's how Nintendo got going after the video game crash, word of mouth and "don't buy that game it sucks get this one"

Back