• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SAPPHIRE R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST & OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducattiman

Eh all.

Pls bear with me on this.

Spec's; AMD A8-3870 OC'D
Asus F1A75
Corsair 8gb DDR3
HD 6870
OC 600w psu
: and all the standard goodies that are throw'd in.

Long story short...The last 6 months i have been running " Eyefinity " with 3 LG led 22EN43.I play all the gr8 games..WoW,CoD-BO2,TF2,CS-GO,and the best BF3,which i play on High settings and never ever had a problem.The HD6870 is a gr8 card for its time.About 1 month ago,my son was bugging me to buy BF4,,so i did,,,OMG it just ravanged the GPU,,fine time for a upgrade and went with " SAPPHIRE R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST & OC " .

AWESOME card btw,i play BF3 MAX OUT settings,,NOW when i go to play BF4 , and i pick a server to go play on,,My screen go's black and starts flicking,i still see the windows icon's on the bottom of the screen and ,i hear the music and sounds,but no picture..

I have read over the net looking for answers,,I have done it all..i have tried all Driver versions 13.9 to 13.12 AMD CCC.I have un-installed my whole system and re-installed it,,but still it does the same thing..I know i am no PC Xprt,just a simple guy who loves to play the games.

HELP ME OCF,UR MY ONLY HOPE.

I have this exact card. I am not having these issues. I would try and return or RMA the card. If you have wiped the computer and re-installed everything I think it might be the card. Though I dont know why it would work with everything else.

OH? How? If you could post what you did to solve it, that would be helpful to others that may run across this thread with the same or similar issues.

Yes, I'm interested to know as well. I returned mine for a 780 but still want to know. Im sure it may help someone at some point.

OK sorry for the wait,really getting busy with all.

I cant say if its AMD or BF4 mistake,but the flickering screen was solved.First off i just 1 screen (turned off Eyefinite ) and went into OPTIONS in BF4and saw this..

Fullscreen Resolutions- and set it to 1920x1080 60hz

and then went into

Fullscreen Mode- windowed , Borderless, Fullscreen

And selected windowed mode.

Then i exited the game,and reinstalled my screen resolutions to 5852x1080,and then logged back in.I got to finally see the game start,and then i hit the windows key and then expand the window to full max and got this beautiful pic..and then went back into options and max'd out the graphics..

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 513
  • screen1.1.jpg
    screen1.1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 511
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 506
I cant explain why Eyefinite does this,,i just know i had to really play around with all different settings to get a picture,,,i hope this helps

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1screen21.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1screen21.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Back