• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mining Equip Database [old-2015]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmm.. 780 at 550 kh/s NVDA is catching up with the AMD mining wagon.

though cost wise, AMD card mines better, but of course, not everyone buys the card to mine, and for that, I have a 3xx GTX 680 set up. :) Mining at 1050 Kh/s :)

Aww man! :)

I need more Radeons to catch up!

Mining at 270Kh/s (It would be 370 Kh/s if I could get another mining rig built for my 550ti...)

Silver if you build another rig I have a 6870 FS in the classifieds, I will take BTC or LTC for payment. It puts out 295 kH at stock clocks.

Silver if you build another rig I have a 6870 FS in the classifieds, I will take BTC or LTC for payment. It puts out 295 kH at stock clocks.

Aww man! I really want to buy it but at the same time I really need money for college.....
But my sh*tty sig rig can't do 2 GFX cards. :mad:

Arrrgh! Why can't my mobo support 2 GFX cards! :bang head :bang head :bang head

Does it have an open x1 slot? I just bought a few of these-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PCI-E-E...230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b21686e

They work very well. I made an offer of $6.50 a piece for 2 and they took it.

Yes, but I put the 6850 in it, and according to Pcix specs, it should have negotiated the link down to 1x speeds and work, but my mobo just sat there and beeped saying the Video card BIOS is corrupt.

I've seen many videos and articles on this, and I did exactly what they did but nope, it was a no go.

Stupid cheap mobo. :mad:

Ahh, yeah, oem mobo's are the worst.

Yup. :(

One nice thing though: The cpu it came with is still a strong one.
But it's also the weakest 2nd gen i5 for the desktops :p

It could have made me up to $4000 if I XPM mined from they day I bought it. :)

Equip: AMD R9 270x (Asus DirectCU II TOP)
Setting: core: 1120 Mem: 1475
Hash rate: 465 kh/s
Miner: cgminer 3.7.2
Parameters: --lookup-gap 0 --gpu-engine 1120 --gpu-memclock 1475 -w 512 -I 19 -g 1 --gpu-fan 80 --temp-target 80 --temp-cutoff 90
temp: 68c

Decided not to edit my last post as this thing took so long to get here. There's a fair bit of graphical corruption with these settings, but it's working fine without hardware errors.

This card needed a BIOS update out of the box... be aware that if you have this card and it's not giving you its best, update the BIOS. Could probably do with further BIOS tweaks and/or better drivers. It's still a little flickery at the desktop. In general though, this card's pretty awesome.

Next planned card is another Asus 270X to match near the end of January. I want two of these matched in the main rig, because this is the one that I game with. Will decide from there as to whether or not to go with more 270s or graduate to 280s. All depends on the USD value of Litecoins and the number I have of them.

The 6870 and 7770 will continue to be flogged as long as I have space for them. Once I fill up all available slots, the office will get upgraded to a quad rig and then I'll start building the dedicated heavy hitters.

Last edited:
Equip: AMD R9 270x (Asus DirectCU II TOP)
Setting: core: 1120 Mem: 1475
Hash rate: 460 kh/s
Miner: cgminer 3.7.2
Parameters: --lookup-gap 0 --gpu-engine 1120 --gpu-memclock 1475 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 19 -g 1 --gpu-fan 80 --temp-target 80 --temp-cutoff 90
temp: 68c

Decided not to edit my last post as this thing took so long to get here. There's a fair bit of graphical corruption with these settings, but it's working fine without hardware errors.

This card needed a BIOS update out of the box... be aware that if you have this card and it's not giving you its best, update the BIOS. Could probably do with further BIOS tweaks and/or better drivers. It's still a little flickery at the desktop. In general though, this card's pretty awesome.

Next planned card is another Asus 270X to match near the end of January. I want two of these matched in the main rig, because this is the one that I game with. Will decide from there as to whether or not to go with more 270s or graduate to 280s. All depends on the USD value of Litecoins and the number I have of them.

The 6870 and 7770 will continue to be flogged as long as I have space for them. Once I fill up all available slots, the office will get upgraded to a quad rig and then I'll start building the dedicated heavy hitters.

What's the "powertune" do? :confused:

I've removed the powertune stuff - card runs fine without it. Also set my worksize to 512. Does about the same hashrate.

its an impressive hashrate, im so tempted to OC my 7870 :)

I can't run cgminer with more than 128 worksize, it just crashes before it even mines.... :confused:

Not all cards do it. Also, maybe make sure this is in your batch file first:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

ZL1 said:
its an impressive hashrate, im so tempted to OC my 7870

I've seen it peak at 485 :D

ya he already set that, but his card cant do work larger than 128

Not all cards do it. Also, maybe make sure this is in your batch file first:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

I've seen it peak at 485 :D

shhhhhh, dont tell me :D
but i bet that lovely Canadian weather helps ;) its so warm around here right now, i dont wanna risk ocing anything too high

Lazy card... :mad: :p

Silver, it is what it is :) a larger work wouldnt have changed that much anyway im sure, ur at the limits of what that card can do as is
edit: wait a sec, why was i thinking you said 256.. the card should do 256, we are talking about your 68 arent we ? did you try w256 with a g2 and lower tc per thread ?
though again, i dont think it will go much more than ur current hash

Ditto. I'm taking advantage of the cold snap here in FL. I might re-arrange my room and embark on building an exhaust vent that wraps around the back of my PC and dumps the hot air outside - landlord permitted.

My 6870 works better at 128 than 256. The 270X picked up about 5kh/s when I went from 256-512. Not a big difference, but a difference.

Hope there's another new BIOS and/or driver improvements coming. I love that this card is useable at intensity settings that killed the 6870, but I'm starting to think the card's too glitchy to use even when not mining. Ah well... as long as it mines without hardware errors it's worth keeping. Worst case scenario I can throw it in the office rig and run the 6870 in the main rig again until the second 270X arrives.

shhhhhh, dont tell me :D
but i bet that lovely Canadian weather helps ;) its so warm around here right now, i dont wanna risk ocing anything too high

Silver, it is what it is :) a larger work wouldnt have changed that much anyway im sure, ur at the limits of what that card can do as is
edit: wait a sec, why was i thinking you said 256.. the card should do 256, we are talking about your 68 arent we ? did you try w256 with a g2 and lower tc per thread ?
though again, i dont think it will go much more than ur current hash

Yup :D

Who cares, it mines @ 270 more than enough.... for now :p

I'm not pushing my card any harder, besides I only got 5 Kh/s more with more overclock lol :rofl:

Back