• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent help required!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The model number of the board you have better not be m78L
It could be one of the ones below if it stands a snowballs chance of working with an FX-8350.

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

Asus M5A78L/USB3

If it were this board ASUS M78L-M << then that is an old DDR2 motherboard and they do not support FX processors and doubt it would boot.

lol...it not called luck, it's called Major Luck...lol

lucky he didnt fry the mobo with all those incorrectly hooked up cables...but mobos are more resilient than they used to be

Oh god now you guys are scaring me haha. I didn't know you couldn't just 'dump' it all on haha

The model number of the board you have better not be m78L
It could be one of the ones below if it stands a snowballs chance of working with an FX-8350.

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

Asus M5A78L/USB3

If it were this board ASUS M78L-M << then that is an old DDR2 motherboard and they do not support FX processors and doubt it would boot.

M5a78l-m/usb3 is the one

Well, I have done it more successfully than not especially.on the same platform. First sign of real trouble though I would do a fresh install.

Lol, it works.. read the end of this way too long for what was accomplished thread peeps. Lets not make the OPs head turn to mush rehashing irrelevant info. :)

Well, I have done it more successfully than not especially.on the same platform. First sign of real trouble though I would do a fresh install.

Yeah I'll bare that in mind. I also changed over from NVidia graphics to AMD so a whole new install could actually speed a lot of things up

So, are we now thinking the Dell connections are proprietary which will not work on the new mobo?

ok, I would buy a switch like say from Auto zone or something like that and some spade connectors smallest you can get that will still fit on the pin connectors "power and ground"

then some wire long enough to go from the spot you chose to the board connector, then connect them, either side doesn't matter, just make sure it IS a MOMENTARY switch

21erfjr.jpg

300b37n.jpg

2cmony0.jpg

or you can buy a proper switch from NewEgg.com

but you probably have the other stuff laying around the house (to be as least as you need to spend)

Just as a caution Master "If you are going to be playing games". I would suggest you download and run HWMonitor free version and have it open in the background. Do this for a while at least and keep an eye on your temps particularily the CPU temp. Keep that one under 70 and the package temp under 62.

Just as a caution Master "If you are going to be playing games". I would suggest you download and run HWMonitor free version and have it open in the background. Do this for a while at least and keep an eye on your temps particularily the CPU temp. Keep that one under 70 and the package temp under 62.
Thanks for the tip but I already have all those programs! I have a load running on my second screen so I can monitor what they're all doing

Back