• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: January 3DMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya, my Ph2 won't be setting any records either. But hey, it's all in fun.

Edit: I do have the right environment for this though...

20140105_124215_zpsdee2e8c3.jpg

I was contemplating on whether or not I should put my rig inside my florida room where it reaches -10*C during the night. I am being held back by the moisture that's in there ruining my equipment.

I was contemplating on whether or not I should put my rig inside my florida room where it reaches -10*C during the night. I am being held back by the moisture that's in there ruining my equipment.

LOL The ASRock Extreme9 has an onboard dehumidifier, though I don't think I'm willing to rely on it. You could always you a room dehumidifier in your florida room.

It's supposed to get to -25C here today without the windchill. Brrrr

Edit: I need to figure out my Time Measurement Data Not Available error before I can submit my runs. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't think it's like 3D Mark Vantage though, AJ. I'm not sure that it will take advantage of the 12 threads.
Correct, it will not. 2 cores is plenty. It is CPU speed here that is the key. For those on the team and access to the LBB, go check it out as it has that information in there as well I believe.

The only 3D benchmarks that scale with cores is 06, Vantage, 11, and 3DMark (Fire Strike).

So my score is being held back by my I5-2500K?
I said w posts above it is CPU limited. O/c the snot out of your CPUs in order to get the best results.

Again, this is in the LBB (for those on the benching team that are asking these questions).

Blaylock | GTX 460 | Single | 16193 | Air

This is my first official HWBot entry as well. I know it's a low score but it's with my Athlon X2 64 with Win XP. My main rig is still having validation issues with this benchmark for some reason. Anywho...

@Ajay , try 2 cores/ no HT, 1.5-1.52V and ~5GHz CPU clock ... 12 threads in 3DM05 is just wrong :p

Thanks for the heads up Woomack, still just learning a lot about these new GPU's, been doing some testing yesterday and this Morning. Been overclocking one single GPU to find how far it will go, then i have only just started testing in SLI. Looks good so far and very encouraging to me.

Respectfully,

AJ.

Can we please pick a newer benchmark for a marathon? Windows 8.1 does not play well with these older benchmarks and I spend a day just trying to get them to work..

Can we please pick a newer benchmark for a marathon? Windows 8.1 does not play well with these older benchmarks and I spend a day just trying to get them to work..

Most of our benches come straight from HWbot,org. They still don't allow windows 8 because the time can be manipulated. I don't know what to tell ya. We have 12 months and it might be tough to find Win8 friendly benches for all of them. Part of benching is using different OSs to find which work better. Even 32vs64 bit can make differences. :shrug:

Most of our benches come straight from HWbot,org. They still don't allow windows 8 because the time can be manipulated. I don't know what to tell ya. We have 12 months and it might be tough to find Win8 friendly benches for all of them. Part of benching is using different OSs to find which work better. Even 32vs64 bit can make differences. :shrug:
Speaking of benching I'm waiting for a Johan 4770k submission?!

QuickFast/4870x2/Dual/47357/Air

Still trying to figure out how to get pass the OVP on these cards so I can re bench them stuck at 1.35 volts :(

Attachments

• forum-chall-05x2-1.JPG
    forum-chall-05x2-1.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 75
Back