• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: January 3DMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yepper that's showing it who's boss, can you squeeze any more speed out of that thuban now with only 2 cores???

Well I've never gotten it to run stable above 4.0Ghz. But then again I've never dropped cores before either so to put it bluntly, your guess is better than mine. I am a betting man, and I'm sure I can squeeze some more juice out of her. I think there's still some in the GPU too. Just need the time to find the right mix of Gin(clock/memory) and Juice(Volts).

Well I've never gotten it to run stable above 4.0Ghz. But then again I've never dropped cores before either so to put it bluntly, your guess is better than mine. I am a betting man, and I'm sure I can squeeze some more juice out of her. I think there's still some in the GPU too. Just need the time to find the right mix of Gin(clock/memory) and Juice(Volts).

There's a big difference between stable and benching Blaylock. This bench really doesn't run the CPU too hard but likes the speed. What I'm saying is you'll be able to runn faster and cooler with more volts than trying to do a stability test. When I'm benching with my FX in the mid 5gs it's no where near stable but stable enough to finish a benchmark and capture a screen shot that's all that matters.
If this is your everyday OS you may want to avoid pushing too much. Too many Blue screens will really mess it up. Trust me when benching if you're not seeing bluscreens you're not pushing hard enough. :rofl:

There's a big difference between stable and benching Blaylock. This bench really doesn't run the CPU too hard but likes the speed. What I'm saying is you'll be able to runn faster and cooler with more volts than trying to do a stability test. When I'm benching with my FX in the mid 5gs it's no where near stable but stable enough to finish a benchmark and capture a screen shot that's all that matters.
If this is your everyday OS you may want to avoid pushing too much. Too many Blue screens will really mess it up. Trust me when benching if you're not seeing bluscreens you're not pushing hard enough. :rofl:
+1 Stability in benching is getting through the run and capturing the ss.

Right, No I understand that. I have a separate drive for benching only. Actually about 3 or 4 drives, but haven't pushed them yet. On my Athlon 64 X2 running pi fast I got my fastest run and started opening CPU-Z for the HWBot screen shots and she locked up on me before I could snap it. :(

here's my new drive bay I got for benchmarking. I love it.

20131226_134056_zpsb6c50797.jpg

Now that's a tough act to follow. Nice run jiccman

Yeah all the Titans made it. But my case with all the parts was pretty banged up took lots of duct tape to hold it together. But I had a great time hope to do it next year.

Great scores everyone!

I want to make sure I understand the divisional rule for this month.

It is nVidia/amd and not single card/multi card?

Yeah all the Titans made it. But my case with all the parts was pretty banged up took lots of duct tape to hold it together. But I had a great time hope to do it next year.

Yep, may be one mid year ;) you left your wife's water in my car btw lol

Back