• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pierre3400's Enthoo Primo Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
epic pictures and build. temps? clocks?

Honestly, since my last format (due to bios error with the asus board [time stops]) i havnt installed all my monitor software and so one, as i need to update my Aquaero LT5 which zero's all settings.

I have been lazy with this system, cos i just needed it to work.

I am slowly getting back my lust to build now.

The clips that hold the front plate on the Primo, well they are rubbish, both mine broke. I sent Phantek and email, and never got a reply, so i made my own solution. Turns out, they did reply, but i never got that email? Never the less, i have been in contact with a Phantek staff member, who has managed (so far not received) to get my a second PWM hub instead of 2 new clips.

He wrote today, to ask if it had arrived yet, but i am currently in Colombia working, so i dont know.

Never the less, i finally have some time to try plan some of the changes to my build.

First off, i have bought a lot of shrink wrap, and will also order some sleeving later tonight. I guess some people can see whats coming next :D

I dont just want to, but i need to re-wire all the rans, it was done in haste, and really is the worst part of my build, wires arnt all that good in general, but the fans are the worst. With the new PWM controller coming, i'll finally will safe, running all the off them, splitting the PWM from the LT5.

Now, i wanted to keep this a secret, but I am honestly so unsure, that i want to ask peoples opinion on this one.

What should I do with cooling tubes?
A: Mix of copper and clear plexi tubes?
B: Pure plexi tubes?
C: Pure Copper?

Personally i am leaning mostly towards A or C, but i am scared that going for a mix of copper and clear will stupid? Going all out copper with revive my long time dream of doing just that.

Thoughts?

Personally i am leaning mostly towards A or C, but i am scared that going for a mix of copper and clear will stupid? Going all out copper with revive my long time dream of doing just that.

Thoughts?

How about an option D. Chromed copper? I've seen quite a few builds sporting chromed copper tubing and it looks great.

I just picked up a Enthoo Primo myself. I like it and it does mostly everything right but there's a few things that I feel are lacking a bit of polish. How much did phanteks charge you for that 2nd pwm controller?

How about an option D. Chromed copper? I've seen quite a few builds sporting chromed copper tubing and it looks great.

I just picked up a Enthoo Primo myself. I like it and it does mostly everything right but there's a few things that I feel are lacking a bit of polish. How much did phanteks charge you for that 2nd pwm controller?

I do not want chromed copper.

They did not charge anything, as it was do good gift cos of the mixup with the broken clips.

I have made my choice, its going to be full copper.

Now, as some may already know, i am damn anal about how i want things, and this time is no different.

To be able to keep the theme of the pc, black and copper, well, i want to get the Ek full cover block (which aint really much full cover) This was never made en copper, so i want to use the black version.

Now with that said, to make it all more complete I also want to watercool the ram, for the full effect. But i dont know if should go with copper and black top or copper and plexi top.

I think black would be the right option since i want to go full copper, but since the cpu block is full copper i dont know.

But going balls out like this is blowing up my budget, so far im 3x what i wanted to spend.

I have always said, i dont want to use the stock Asus block cos its aluminium, but i dont see a reason in paying 140 bucks for the EK MOSFET kit, when i only want to use the top block. But i badly want to use that damn block as it will make my routing so much easier, cleaner and better looking. Are there any horror stories about these blocks?

EDIT:

Meh.... i did the maths, and i need at least 210bucks in fittings, then there is also the copper, and all the stuff to but, and weld the copper and so on.

Im looking at a good 400bucks.. Soooo for now, i am going to try and use the stock asus waterblock. I havnt heard about any horror stories from this board.

Last edited:
Good choice on going full copper. I think it will dissipate a little heat as well while the flow is going to the rads. I would possibly go full copper bling look or chrome. Depends what everything else is, including the fittings.

As for the waterblock on these motherboards, I am not really sure but do recall hearing that some time ASUS MBs, from the older models that had aluminum made blocks but could be wrong. Maybe they changed them or what not. I'll look around if I get a chance and see. What MB is this again?

Good choice on going full copper. I think it will dissipate a little heat as well while the flow is going to the rads. I would possibly go full copper bling look or chrome. Depends what everything else is, including the fittings.

As for the waterblock on these motherboards, I am not really sure but do recall hearing that some time ASUS MBs, from the older models that had aluminum made blocks but could be wrong. Maybe they changed them or what not. I'll look around if I get a chance and see. What MB is this again?

The old Asus ROG boards that came with option of water in the south west end of the board, proved to corrode the copper really bad.

I have the Maximus VI Formula, and asus claim this board is able to handle the copper. http://rog.asus.com/262892013/maxim...-alu-and-cooper-is-fine-if-you-anodize-right/

I have asked in the owners club on ocn, and it seems people have no issues, so i think i am going to go for it, as Bitspower fittings are going to cost more then the EK motherboard block kit!

I had bought some Bitspower fill ports, to use as pass threw on "walls". It seems they got lost in the mail, the seller, has 2 more, that he was going to use, being a good sport, he has offered to send me those. I am also a good sport, so i have told him, i'd be ok with one, and then i'll buy 3 more. Yes i plan a clean a$$ setup.

The copper tubes will be made, then sent off to be polished up. This project will run for at least a few months i am sure off, but i will get there, i have wanted copper loop for many years now, and i feel now is the time to do it.

Moving forward, since all i can do at the moment sit in my hotel room and order parts.

I ordered a set of 25 pieces of 12mm elbow fittings in copper. Yes, i dont plan on bending, i will be using hard copper tubes with fittings. Got them very cheap which helps my budget since the bitspower fittings are going to run up an inside high price.

Small change of plan.

I just bought another Sapphire 7970 6Gb card, so i will be doing tri-fire. This changes my loop idea, and means i need to get another block. Due to buying the card, i will need to put the big rebuild on hold for now, and stick with tubes.

That said, the project will remain, but first i want get the card, the block and install it all.

Thoughts?

Or... just to be "different", use eHeim aquarium tubing , available in hose AND pipe... and its moss GREEN :)

Seriously, a question where some might know the answer to... aquarium hoses... they should not have plastisizer issue, no? I mean, if the hoses & such in aquaria might degrades & fall apart, it can't be healthy for the fischies can it? So it has to be better stuff than ours... or do aquarist just change/replace half their stuff every other week?
Just wondering... :)

Sorry for half hi-jack

I believe aquarium hoses cloud pretty well. Why look for another type of tubing when you know PrimoChill Advanced LRT is the king?

Another type is to be different. I know that copper isnt ground breaking, i think it was more ground breaking back when i used copped pipes with my Pentium 4 2,26b northbird, with a custom home made res.

But i have searched google, and seems like everone, well almost, are using soft copper they csn bend.

This will happen, but first i have to get my 3rd 7970, another block, triple card bridge and so on. Plus i need the rig for heavy gaming on the 27th... watch_dogs!!!

I toyed with the idea of going with copper tubing but I'm too lazy to do that. I can't wait to see how your set up turns out though.

gaming on the 27th... watch_dogs!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting the release of that game. :)

I actually wish I could sleep until the release date so I don't need to deal with waiting. I'm almost worried my expectations may be a little too high.

I actually wish I could sleep until the release date so I don't need to deal with waiting. I'm almost worried my expectations may be a little too high.

Well i can wait, im busy with work at the moment, but i fell you.

Hopefully i just scored a cheap promo code for the game.:thup:

Pierre3400 ya tired of lugging that heavy case about yet??? Dont get me wrong I loved my primo dearly but everytime I wanted to change something meant lugging it to the other room to drain or whatever. Whilst my Air 540 cant hold the raddage the primo can its a joy to work with. Thinking about getting a second one to mod the hell out of so I can keep running til its ready.

BTW great looking build ya got cant wait to see the future updates.

Back