• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pierre3400's Enthoo Primo Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:D i'll put a fiver on a zero-day gamebreaking patch, a subsequent rollback and the whole community so enraged it'll bring a forum or two down :D :p :clap:

As for the build, since Ub120 & Ad119 is in very very limited supply ... chromed copper would be nice :)

Anyways, cant wait for the results :thup:

:D i'll put a fiver on a zero-day gamebreaking patch, a subsequent rollback and the whole community so enraged it'll bring a forum or two down :D :p :clap:

Ugh you're the worst :) I actually have vacation scheduled for the week of release. That would be terrible (but definitely not outside of the realm of possibilities)

Anyway enough thread jacking from me.

A few of the smaller items have arrived.

Tube cutter, and a phanteks PWM hub.

2014-05-18 14.20.28 (Medium).jpg

I want to thank Brian from Phanteks USA, for helping me with the PWM hub.
The clips on the front of my case broken, and i never got a reply from support.
Brian took the contact for me, and made sure i got the pwm hub for free, along with new clips. Great service from phanteks.:thup:

Pierre3400 ya tired of lugging that heavy case about yet??? Dont get me wrong I loved my primo dearly but everytime I wanted to change something meant lugging it to the other room to drain or whatever. Whilst my Air 540 cant hold the raddage the primo can its a joy to work with. Thinking about getting a second one to mod the hell out of so I can keep running til its ready.

BTW great looking build ya got cant wait to see the future updates.

No, i dont move my case around THAT much.

Its heavy yeah, but i dont plan on changing parts every other week.

lol I didnt either but I had to so I could have better light and a place to drain if needed. My 540 is still a work in progress but its getting there.

First things got here today

2014-05-20 17.05.08 (Medium).jpg

90 degree copper bends
2014-05-20 17.05.16 (Medium).jpg

5m of braided sleeving, already scared i didnt get enough! This is mainly to sort out all the fans.
2014-05-20 17.05.22 (Medium).jpg

The last piece in my GPU collection.. for this rig.
2014-05-20 17.06.43 (Medium).jpg

Well, i didnt last 10mins knowing i could tri-fire, so i ripped apart half the loop, installed the heatkiller gpu blocks, and left the 3rd card aircooled for now, until my copper spacer for the gpu arrives, oh and another heatkiller block, that i have yet to order.

I found that i cannot use a multi heatkiller link when i go tri-fire, the gpus are too wide so the block to close unused entrance and exit on the link will hit the card. Not to worry, i already know my solution.

Something, do not know what, was messing up the drivers?

I tried a few things, then a format, but it kept messing with my drivers, giving me a BSOD once i installed AMD drivers.

Then i tried to revert to all stock bios on all cards, still no luck. Unplugged the CFX bridges, and then i finally had life!

Run on stock 1050/1500 settings.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/8347305

I do have a few photos, but since i had to format, well, im a bit behind on a few things.

I am going to format once more, as i am have having a few issues, and some how my main SSD became D drive? Not that it matters.

It works!

EDIT:

On a very happy note.

During 3dMark11, before with the EK blocks, i would see temps around 55c on one GPU and 65 on the other (blocks had been reseated many time with no change), I had learned to live with it.
Now that i have the Heatkiller blocks on, i am maxing out 44degrees while benching! Which I am very pleased about!

Last edited:
Today I got 8x Bitspower push fittings, which will be used to make the connections between the 3x 7970.

Also bought 2meters of 12mm copper pipe.

Last block should get here monday or tuesday.

Then the rebuild to all water cooled GPU's will happen.

2014-05-24 15.44.22 (Medium).jpg

Also bought the filler bottle, as i have a hard time filling the res on this loop.

Well i got only so far.

Turns out the tool i bought to cut the pipes, something is wrong, it cut straight, so i'll have to wait until work tomorrow to cut the pipes.

Turns out the distance between card 2 and 3 is so tight, no one will ever know there is copper inside. Oh well, such is life.

2014-05-26 23.39.50 (Medium).jpg

I went out and bought a new pipe cutting tool. Works much better.

Result!
2014-05-27 14.12.53 (Medium).jpg
2014-05-27 14.13.04 (Medium).jpg
2014-05-27 14.13.08 (Medium).jpg

Ran a few tests, GPUs stick around 40/42 degrees while benching :attn:

Now, its about time to download Watch_dogs and put this puppy to good use!.

Hey Pierre, just wanted to say I found this thread and saw the lapping job you did on those blocks. Awesome job, looks fantastic.

I've got a Watercool CPU & GPU block that's just landed in OZ and if their finish doesn't match your lapped job, you have inspired me to give it a go.

Thanks,

Raksy

Very nice job indeed! Do you plan on clear coating the copper to keep it from tarnishing?

Not at the moment no. Maybe in the future if it becomes a bother.

Hey Pierre, just wanted to say I found this thread and saw the lapping job you did on those blocks. Awesome job, looks fantastic.

I've got a Watercool CPU & GPU block that's just landed in OZ and if their finish doesn't match your lapped job, you have inspired me to give it a go.

Thanks,

Raksy

Thank you.

Its very simple to do at the end of the day. I have a piece of thick glass, to provide a (cheap) solution to a near 100% flat surface.

Then its all about the wet/dry sandpaper going higher with time.

I'd like to say, the new (3rd) block i got wasn't as bad as the 2 first i got. Could have lapped it, but i skipped this one, and the temps are same as other 2 cards.

Thank you.

Its very simple to do at the end of the day. I have a piece of thick glass, to provide a (cheap) solution to a near 100% flat surface.

Then its all about the wet/dry sandpaper going higher with time.

I'd like to say, the new (3rd) block i got wasn't as bad as the 2 first i got. Could have lapped it, but i skipped this one, and the temps are same as other 2 cards.

Thanks for the info. BTW, loving your build.

I was going to go with a CaseLabs STH10 as I think their cases are phenomenal. I like having large areas to work on in a PC.

I have a friend who has been through the whole WCing thing and ended up with a large external rad and LOVES it - awesome deltas and no damn hot air anywhere near his mobo. So I will be trying something a bit different - I've ordered a CaseLabs TX10 pedestal which has a rad mount for a Watercool MO-RA3 140.9. I am going to try and build a self contained external WC case with pumps, rez, PSU, MO-RA rad, fan control etc into it. Go big or go home, I say :salute:

I basically want to do it once & do it right, w/o cramming stuff into PC case. Also it should cool anything I decide to throw at it.

Wish me luck !!! :D

Cheers,

Raksy

Last edited:
Back