• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pierre3400's Enthoo Primo Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't even know Corsair had all in one GPU coolers, so I had to look that up but I know what you mean. Seems like a solid solution then. :)

Well, i got the system booted today, and i now have a ton of issues to deal with.

There seems to be a huge problem with my 24pin cable, not that is been made wrong, but its been made with cables that after all did turn out to bit to small, and i now have massive coil whine. So im going to start over on the account, but that will be next year, now, im just going to get a replacement 24pin, and use that.

My Aquaero 6 Pro seems to have no idea what PWM is, and some how my PWM signal is ending up on the molex power cables, not a clue what that is, but yet more so figure out.

Soooo yeah, that didnt really work out as planned.

Did not help, AX1200 is dieing, and hopefully going off for RMA.

I will be replacing it with a LEPA P1700. No way i can hit the limits on that thing!

Looks nice :thup:
I got Enthoo Pro case couple of days ago and I have to change some things in water cooling. Right now it's a mess as I just wanted to make it run for daily stuff.

Btw. did you actually run this rig or are you still building it ? ;) I haven't seen any results on the forums and I see you have something nice you could share :) ( maybe I missed something in this thread )

It has been booted a few times, i have done a reinstall of OS, but seeing as its crashing whenever any sort of load is put on it, no, no testing yet, trust me, im annoyed!

I got a Lepa P1700 PSU coming next week, then i need to make some PWM mods, once this is done, then i should start using it, but will remain unfinished, because i'll need to make yet another attempt at sleeving. But Mid next week, i should start using this rig daily and then slowly make my way to benching and overclocking for daily use.

I should finish my Enthoo Primo build during the weekend. Have been working on it since early November. I won't looki nice as yours, but I hope everything will work :)

I have to make something with my daily rig. My brother got case from my pc as I thought I will be fine with Corsair R300. I was simply wrong as Corsair is too small for RIVE and any reasonable water cooling. Not to mention there is not enough space for cable management. At the end I got Ethoo Pro ( almost the same as Primo ) as I found it cheap and got additional promo. So I put all stuff inside the case without any cable management etc just so it work till I find time to set everything right. It simply looks bad and I have to get larger radiator as I see up to 75*C on CPU and graphics card ( GTX970 ). Stock cooler is more effective on this card :p
I'm switching hardware too often so I'm not even thinking about anything special like your pc but for sure I have to change couple of things.
Enthoo case looks great, especially in this price. The only thing which isn't working for me is toolless 5.25" drive mounting. It simply doesn't hold my dvdrw drive - not enough pressure.

Its alive!

Now i just have ugly wires to deal with, and oh, resetting up all of windows, since i did a reinstall, cos i thought it was windows crashing when it was the PSU.

Its behaving strange, suddenly cfx is gone, i am going to try a full reinstall, at least the psu seems okay, and my ax is of for rma.

Yay another RMA! The middle GPU was acting strange. So the loop is now a piece of crap made with solid tube and normal tubes, and running only 2 GPU's, but its working for the first time.

I got my PWM mods mods made today, now everything works like it should. Just need t RMA that one GPU, and once its back, im set for trying all over again!

I guess its update time.

The rig is currently not running. One of my 7970's went for RMA, i have been paied back for htis card, and then i sold both my other 7970's.

So now, i am 7970 free at long last, and moving onto better things.

I am currently looking into Nvidia cards, odds are i will end up with 2x GTX 970, i just need to find out which cards i want to get. Due to the down line from my CPU to the buttom rad, i think Asus Strix cards will give me fitment issues. Right now, i dont know which way to move.

Hi Pierre long time between posts, still at this marathon build then i see you luck is still the same as before my friend. Got completed on one thing then something else goes wrong for you, like the PSU & GPU ah well that's PC Building for you Pierre. :facepalm:

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and see how things are progressing! :attn:

Kind Regards,

Ajay.

yea i would go nuts if i spent this much time on a build.
but atleast hes using it now when its not having vid card failures.

You too ajay!

And pierre you may want to just wait and see what new vidcard's are on the horizon before leaping into a 9xx series.
Were getting around that time again when you will see announcements on next releases or more likely better versions of the current series at least in the Nvidia camp maybe a GTX980ti or something.

Back