• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pierre3400's Enthoo Primo Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey there,

The time has finally come to go large. Some of you may have seen my Corsair 600T build. But in any case, here is a link:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718516

The 600t build proved to be too much heat, and not enough cooling.

About a year ago, even before i went all out on the 600t, I bought a Corsair 800D, ripped it apart, and fully lost my drive for the case, it went into the basement and stayed there.

After i finished the 600T, finished used loosely, as it never really was 100% finished, but 98&, as the case sits right now, its a wiring nightmare, since i was too lazy to sort out the cables after i installed my AX1200.

Once i got my head around the heating issue, i went back to plan 800D. I made plans to build it once more. During all this time I always kept the 900D in mind, but I just didn't like it. I kept looking at the LC PC-V8, but the price, and waist of space, just didn't suit me.

Finally, after many months of getting no where, and looking at case after case, and having cooling issues, I saw the case for the first time. S_I_N bought the Ethoo Primo, and soon as i saw the case with parts in it, I had to take a closer look. Within days, I was sure, and bought the case.

So here it starts.

2014-01-02 17.20.18 (Custom).jpg

PC Hardware
Asus Maximus VI Forumla
Intel 4770K
4x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz CL9
2x Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 6Gb
Corsair AX1200 - White Sleeved
Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb SSD
Kinston Vseries 120Gb SSD
Seagate SSHD Thin 500Gb 5400Gb
Aquaero 5 LT

Cooling Parts - Will be updated as they start to arrive.
EK Supreme CU Copper
2x EK-VGA Supremacy
EK CU copper spacer
EK-D5 X-Res 140 CSQ - Acetal (May NOT be used)
Laing D5 Pump
20x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (So far only looking to use 10 of them in this build)
6x Phanteks PH-F140SP
2x Phanteks PH-F140SP-LED (Will be modded with new color LED)
Enzotech BMR-C1 heatsinks
Mix of fittings, mainly EK.
PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing
Alphacool NexXxoS 480 Monsta
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420

Lets get started:

First off, the case is huge, but it kinda of has to be with all the features it has.

First impressions as i took it out the box, it seems pretty solid, but takes finger prints very easy.

2014-01-02 17.49.42 (Custom).jpg 2014-01-02 17.49.21 (Custom).jpg

I started to open the case, and look around, its a mix of emotions once I got inside.

Straight away as i opened the side panel, it felt thin and cheap, but once on the inside, things changed. I found tons of features, mounts for 120 and 140 fans and rads, nice looking and great cables tie features. So it really is a mix of emotions, coming from Corsair cases, the side panels just felt very cheap, but i guess they work, which is the important part.

As seen in the first picture, there is a box on the picture, it contained a few parts to get me started.

2014-01-02 17.21.48 (Custom).jpg

Out the box
2014-01-02 17.25.49 (Custom).jpg

As far as this build goes, I am planning minimal modding at first, and just use the standard features of the case.

Build starts

The case has to be taking apart for mounting rads and other things, but its fairly easy and self explanatory, so not all that bad.

Since I only have the 480 Monsta and fans, its as far as I have managed to get.

2014-01-04 12.10.38 (Custom).jpg

The final build/swap over of hardware wont happen until down time is minimal.

Stay tuned, as parts arrive, and the build moves along. :thup:

As always, comments, ideas, questions are welcome.

Last edited:
Very nice my friend, is the last build now you have the PC Case you have been looking for all this time!! I really hope it turns out perfect for you as i know you have such high standards in your builds Pierre.

GL from Me!!

A small update.

2014-01-09 19.43.25 (Custom).jpg
Alphacool XT45 420
5x Phanteks PH-F140
5meters of XSPC tubing (i was ment to get Primochill, but i made a mistake during order, i guess this tube will have to do)
XSPC Photon 270 Tube res.
Fed fittings, and Coollab Liquid Ultra.

That XSPC res is just damn nice! Glass, just feels better!
2014-01-09 19.42.26 (Custom).jpg

I installed the 420 in the top.

The long screws for the top, were waaay to long, so i have use spacers. I will need to get shorter ones.

2014-01-10 11.43.51 (Custom).jpg

Also installed exhaust fan.

2014-01-10 11.43.06 (Custom).jpg

I have a theory that I will have issues with the Res being mounted on the cover plate on the side of the motherboard.

I need a fan to cool the power section of my 7970's as they get way to hot without, leaving me even less space.

Im trying to figure out if there is a fan setup solution to cool it :-/

Try playing around with the hard drive caddy placements. If you can swing it, use the convenient SSD brackets that mount behind the motherboard or behind the 5.5" bays, and pull out the hard drive caddies altogether.

I've got a couple 3.5" drives in my machine atm, and I pulled the bottom caddy out. My pump currently sits where the bottom caddy was, and with the two 140mm front intakes, there's plenty of airflow making it to the gpu

Try playing around with the hard drive caddy placements. If you can swing it, use the convenient SSD brackets that mount behind the motherboard or behind the 5.5" bays, and pull out the hard drive caddies altogether.

I've got a couple 3.5" drives in my machine atm, and I pulled the bottom caddy out. My pump currently sits where the bottom caddy was, and with the two 140mm front intakes, there's plenty of airflow making it to the gpu

I didnt get much of this?

I had that same problem with my 360 Alphacool rad. It seems they included the wrong screws for 25mm fans and I had to add spacers as well. My Monsta with copper screws fit fine, it was just the black screws that didn't fit.

I believe what he is saying is mount a fan on the hard drive cages blowing over the gpu but I'm assuming you will have a radiator there or are you only running the 420?

Ninja edit a little more info...
I found I was unable to use my Photon res on the cover plate because it was too wide and only had down facing ports which made the bends a little sharp for my liking. The spot on the back fit the smaller version like I have but with the 270 I would imagine you would need some kind of spacers/mounts to hold it out some past the fans. Putting it there might help your fan dilemma though. I ended up not using my Photon at all because it would have taken sharp bends or 90* fittings which I thought was funny considering all the space in the case but I couldn't find a spot for a res. :bang head

Last edited:
I had that same problem with my 360 Alphacool rad. It seems they included the wrong screws for 25mm fans and I had to add spacers as well. My Monsta with copper screws fit fine, it was just the black screws that didn't fit.

I believe what he is saying is mount a fan on the hard drive cages blowing over the gpu but I'm assuming you will have a radiator there or are you only running the 420?

Ahh, yeah i wont have any HDD cages what so ever, imma have 3x 2.5" drives and 1.8"

The fan needs to set pretty much next to the cards. My cards for odd reasons get really hot. I'll figure something out :)

I also saw a thread where someone mounted their res in the 5.25 bays which might give you some more options for fan placements.

Looking forward to seeing your end results.

I think i may be pulling the trigger and getting this case myself.
Looking to hide a 360+240, but i case like that I may be able to get some more rads.

Keep the pics coming

Ahh, yeah i wont have any HDD cages what so ever, imma have 3x 2.5" drives and 1.8"

The fan needs to set pretty much next to the cards. My cards for odd reasons get really hot. I'll figure something out :)

Ahh, Good luck!

Right, an update, that has nothing to do with watercooling.

I have a weakness, I love the colour blue, but I HATE blue leds!

The Primo has 2 front fans with blue leds, and 2x 500mm leds strips, now these i cant do much about right now, as i need to buy a few things.

But I did have LEDs to fix the power button and the load led.

My journey.

The blue leds...
2014-01-10 22.38.37 (Custom).jpg

The leds!
2014-01-10 22.39.34 (Custom).jpg

First one changed and testing.
2014-01-10 22.50.12 (Custom).jpg

Both changed
2014-01-10 23.00.50 (Custom).jpg

and put back together
2014-01-10 23.18.56 (Custom).jpg

So I finally got around to doing the swap. Cos its late, its gonna be mostly pictures.

Messy...
2014-01-12 21.31.02 (Custom).jpg

Few more parts installed, few tubes installed.
2014-01-13 00.04.52 (Custom).jpg

Ready for water.
2014-01-13 00.26.31 (Custom).jpg

Turned out I forgot to buy distilled water, so only had about a liter of water, so i got it on, not even close to enough to run the pump, so i just tested out the LED in the res.
2014-01-13 00.46.00 (Custom).jpg

That looks really nice and as for those cables i know you will tidy and sort those out in no time at all. You will end up Pierre with a great piece of kit to be proud of well done.

AJ.

Last edited:
What size tubing is that? I used 5/8" OD tubing on my build and it is just perfectly sized for going between the reservoir bracket and the side of the 5.25" bays.

You've already got it all hooked up, but just another thought for routing if your tubing is 1/4" or 5/8" OD.

I've got class tonight, but I will take a picture of what I mean when I get a chance

What size tubing is that? I used 5/8" OD tubing on my build and it is just perfectly sized for going between the reservoir bracket and the side of the 5.25" bays.

You've already got it all hooked up, but just another thought for routing if your tubing is 1/4" or 5/8" OD.

I've got class tonight, but I will take a picture of what I mean when I get a chance

I need to see a photo to understand what you mean.

As for the size, its outter dia is 3/4″.

Back