• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ranting is good!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

The 24pin (12v wire) on my Sabertooth melted last night FFS!

Heck, one of the most expensive AM3+ board can't manage 3x280x @ full load!

One more win from Asus!

Haaaaaa!!!! Ranting's good!

The 24pin (12v wire) on my Sabertooth melted last night FFS!

Heck, one of the most expensive AM3+ board can't manage 3x280x @ full load!

One more win from Asus!

Haaaaaa!!!! Ranting's good!

They should replace the board. And you should get cheaper boards :D

Why not consider Intel? I mean im running 5 GPU's on H61 with a cheap as hell celeron, unless you are CPU mining, then i highly doubt its worth going for high end hardware, apart from GPU's.

But as far as ranting goes, im pissed i lost a 6970 and 6870 yesterday, system just wont boot with them plugged in.

Agreed.

I got an Inte combol p67 mobo+i5 34xx used for 5ltc that I should receive tonight. I'll send back the 3 weeks old ST to Asus for replacement.

Agreed.

I got an Inte combol p67 mobo+i5 34xx used for 5ltc that I should receive tonight. I'll send back the 3 weeks old ST to Asus for replacement.

See if you can get AsRock H61DEL (you will need powered risers, but it'll take 6 cards without issues)
If not, i got my AsRock H61 Pro BTC yesterday, same basic mb as the DEL, but with 2x molex connectors for more power to pci-e lanes.

They are cheap boards considering they handle 6 gpu's. It does also take up less space.

The Intel I'll get supports up to 5 GPU's (need 3 risers).

With the 3 MoBo's I use for mining, I can use up to 15 GPU's (running 8 now). Need some powered risers (6 in total), and 1 16x/16x riser.
Plus 2x1000W PSU and 7 GPU's... lol!
Should get 3 more 280x shortly. So, 4 to go!

The Intel I'll get supports up to 5 GPU's (need 3 risers).

With the 3 MoBo's I use for mining, I can use up to 15 GPU's (running 8 now). Need some powered risers (6 in total), and 1 16x/16x riser.
Plus 2x1000W PSU and 7 GPU's... lol!
Should get 3 more 280x shortly. So, 4 to go!

Cant wait.. as i am next in line for BF4 code lol :D

^Lol!

I should (hopefully) put the order through next week!

Are you sure it's board's fault and not PSU ? I had melted connectors on boards only when I overloaded PSU.

I've tried the PSU on a similar config ([email protected] instead of FX6300@stock) with 3x280x's running the same freq/voltage and got no issue since yesterday morning.

I guess it was the mobo.

I had similar issue on X58 ASUS board. 24 pin connector burned , board died killing also CPU but PSU is still working fine even though had melted connector and 12V cable ( I've replaced damaged cables ).
Then it was actually my fault as I forgot to connect 2nd PSU for tests and I was running 3xGTX260 + higher OC'd i7 920 on 700W PSU. It doesn't change fact that board's protection didn't work and let CPU die.

Exactly the same here, except the CPU is still working (I think...). 12V wire and connector melted. I did a quick fix with a PCIe connector that I "modded" (lol) to fit in the 24 pin board connector.
PSU still rockin'.

Board's back to the shop, as I took the extra warranty: they ship me a new board as soon as they receive the damaged one.

It's now almost 4 days that the PSU is running non stop, pulling roughly 800/850W with no issue: wire are "normally" hot (the 12v don't stick to my finger when I touch it anymore...). So it seems the issue was the MoBo.

Anyway, I'll have a spare Sabertooth to start a new mining rig, lol!

Back