• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS *@&#^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

And Corsair for charging 11 dollars for a .6 lb package.

The order was placed on the 27th.

Attachments

• UPS.JPG
    UPS.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 154
Both UPS and FedEx were a week behind after Christmas. They're not caught up....still. This has been on the news, you had to know.
USPS is faster and cheaper than both.

Actually in some places they are still behind but that is a different story.

Keep in mind while your order was placed on the 27th it wasn't given to UPS until the 2nd because of weekends and the holidays. Other than that I would say there is nothing wrong there other than bad timing. Since you are going from Cali to Maine I would expect it early next week. It will probably get an arrival scan tomorrow or this weekend which will give you an updated location so look for that.

Both UPS and FedEx were a week behind after Christmas. They're not caught up....still. This has been on the news, you had to know.

In all honesty I don't watch the news. I dont catch it on the morning radio I pretty much miss it.

And futhermore, granted this is just my opinion and holds no water, the holidays is NO EXCUSE, noone decided on dec 24th of 2013 that the 25th would be an excelent day for a holiday. UPS and FEDEX are professional delivery companies. If they are incapable of supplying that service for a KNOWN circumstance well beforehand then I don't think knowing they are "backed up" or not is the relative problem here. That aside, the package should have made a stop in St. Louis long before now, I say that because EVERY shipment I've ever had come from the west coast does.

Corsair only offered UPS as an option when I placed the order besides all that, or I wouldnt have used UPS in the first place.

When UPS Tracking says the package has been delivered and you can't find it, just go look on your neighbors stoop. ;)

When UPS Tracking says the package has been delivered and you can't find it, just go look on your neighbors stoop. ;)

Or the back door of the house....

This happened once, had ordered many items from Newegg and I never had problems with UPS dropping them off on the front porch out of site. 1 package, I got the notification it was delivered and it wasn't in the normal spot, my Dad then found it the next morning sitting on the back steps, where it was in plain view for everyone to see...

Or the back door of the house....

This happened once, had ordered many items from Newegg and I never had problems with UPS dropping them off on the front porch out of site. 1 package, I got the notification it was delivered and it wasn't in the normal spot, my Dad then found it the next morning sitting on the back steps, where it was in plain view for everyone to see...

I know the regular driver, and he usually hangs out to see what I ordered for PC stuff so luckily I dont have to hunt around for it once it does get here. If I'm not home he leaves it inside the garage door.

Boy, are you lucky! Our driver never leaves anyone's stuff at their house. My deliveries are always up the hill next door, across the street neighbor is always on my uncovered porch. lol

Yeah, not in my experience. I ordered something December 27th, just got it yesterday, and that's after having it sitting in a nearby distribution center for several business days. When I contacted them, I got the generic "delivery times are not guaranteed unless you pay for the services that are the same price as UPS/Fedex" email. :shrug:

Yeah, not in my experience. I ordered something December 27th, just got it yesterday, and that's after having it sitting in a nearby distribution center for several business days. When I contacted them, I got the generic "delivery times are not guaranteed unless you pay for the services that are the same price as UPS/Fedex" email. :shrug:
Flatrate priority is 2-3 day delivery @ $6-15 pending the size of the box, anywhere in the US50. UPS and FedEx can't touch that.

Yeah, I really don't see the issue.. You placed the order on the 27th, it wouldn't have been received until the 2nd, and then the 10th is 6 business days. Add in the fact that the whole country has had pretty bad weather lately, the fact that you're package is going from coast to coast, and the holidays on top... I'd say you're pretty lucky.

There are points I agree with the OP on. Firstly the xmas backup at Fed-ex and UPS was self inflicted, they screwed the pooch no one else. Not getting the work force ramped up properly for the holidays and trying "do more with less" philosophy falls on them.

Also here is a thought. If you cannot meet scheduled delivery times even after the holidays then don't schedule delivery times you cannot meet. Whether they guarantee these times or not is irrelevant as people refuse to see or acknowledge that fact and they will call and yell :D

Lastly , Yes to the OP on Corsair's shipping rates. I have bought many items directly from them and there shipping rates/fee's are way high. I never use anything but the cheapest when buying from them.

Now, this in reality is a small blip, as a whole all the shipping company's run pretty well and issues are small compared to volume. I rarely have any issue with any of the company's other than Fed Ex being more expensive. LOL This to shall pass as they say and all will be well again with computer parts delivered on time and our parts buying addictions will be fed and our withdrawl's minimal :clap:

Flatrate priority is 2-3 day delivery @ $6-15 pending the size of the box, anywhere in the US50. UPS and FedEx can't touch that.

1. I have yet to see an online store ship in a flat rate box and 2. USPS Priority mail isn't schedule guaranteed.

Source

Number 5:

5) Is the scheduled delivery day guaranteed?
Priority Mail remains a non-guaranteed service. The Postal Service does not provide a money-back guarantee if items sent via Priority Mail fail to arrive by the scheduled delivery date. However, Priority Mail Express continues to provide a money-back guarantee* service for most domestic destinations***.

More often than not, I've had them either A) hold a package as long as they can without going over the delivery time, even if it's at the distribution center the next town over or B) simply said screw it and didn't deliver it with in their window.

If you've had good luck with them, congrats, but I've had infinity better luck with other services.

UPS...

5 years ago, I was expecting an extremely important (really extremely and urgent) letter from London.

Should have been delivered at my place in Corsica but it ended up in the hands of an employee in an unrelated company in Marseille.

This employee went on holiday (it was a few day before christmas) for a couple of weeks, and I finally got my letter after... one month (altogether with the UPS apologies lol!), instead of the planned 72hrs!

I only ever use usps. Always gets here to Canada within reasonable time.

Rain or shine and much cheaper, with your packaging intact. It's actually amazing that so many people blindly use UPS, FedEx, etc. I can get a well made Priority Mail box for free and ship something in 2 days that weighs up to 80lbs for $15 or under while UPS would charge a small fortune for the privilege.

I really hope the USPS survives. Obama had a great chance to remove the conservative board that has run the USPS into the ground. In 2015 he has a chance to finally put someone in charge of reforming it but until people and, most importantly, businesses like Newegg and Amazon start using the USPS exclusively, the USPS will never dig itself out. And using them as end-point delivery is only benefiting the UPS' of the world. They toss the USPS a few pennies and add a day or two to your wait.

There is just no need for the UPS' of the world. Slow, expensive, bad and just as likely to lose your package. And now they are a monkey on our postal services back.

Everyone will probably have their own stories to tell, good and bad, about each company, which doesn't correlate to whether a company as a whole is bad, but (from my own observations) that individual delivery persons work ethics.

For example, I always have problems with USPS where I live. If it doesn't fit in the mail box, 90 to 95% of the time I will have to waste time going to the absurdly understaffed Post Office and waste an hour or more waiting to get my package. And why is that? Because if it doesn't fit in the mail box, the delivery person won't even bother to attempt to deliver the package, and simply deliver the yellow tag telling me to go pick it up. I have witnessed the delivery person with my own eyes through my window, come to my door, drop off mail in the mail box, and leave, only for me to find the pickup tag in the mail box when I walk out to see what was placed in there. No knock on the door. No knock on the window. No ring of the door bell. Didn't even stop to write the tag out at my door, as it was plainly obvious it was already filled out. The times I do receive my package, is when one of us at home are watching the front door and give a yell, or tap at the window to the delivery person that we see them.

UPS on the other hand, for me has been near flawless. The only times I might have any problem is when there is someone covering the normal driver during their vacations. But even then, the problem is just that the backup driver comes at a unexpected time, but still completes the delivery.

Please don't resurrect one-year old threads for your political opinions. :(

Rain or shine and much cheaper, with your packaging intact. It's actually amazing that so many people blindly use UPS, FedEx, etc. I can get a well made Priority Mail box for free and ship something in 2 days that weighs up to 80lbs for $15 or under while UPS would charge a small fortune for the privilege.

I really hope the USPS survives. Obama had a great chance to remove the conservative board that has run the USPS into the ground. In 2015 he has a chance to finally put someone in charge of reforming it but until people and, most importantly, businesses like Newegg and Amazon start using the USPS exclusively, the USPS will never dig itself out. And using them as end-point delivery is only benefiting the UPS' of the world. They toss the USPS a few pennies and add a day or two to your wait.

There is just no need for the UPS' of the world. Slow, expensive, bad and just as likely to lose your package. And now they are a monkey on our postal services back.

I admittedly have had issues with the local PO but they actually took away delivery rights from that PO and they only now accept packages. The new PO that delivers for my area is a much larger and well run facility and I haven't had a mis-delivered package yet. I live in a condo complex so if it goes missing, it likely wont show up again. Nice people but apparently very dishonest.

And that isn't confined to the USPS. UPS drivers apparently have a hard time reading the black address numbers next to my unit. One poor girl delivered my package to the other side of the building where someone signed for it and we never saw it again. She was wandering around one day when I ran into her looking for the unit. They had GPS coordinates to that side for the building but she couldn't remember which unit it was. I really wanted her to remember because that was the second time someone on that side of my building stole a package from me.

That is where the chops of the e-tailer or eBay seller you dealt with, comes in. That time it was an LL Bean order and they replaced everything with next day shipping (LL Bean is amazing, including their warranty). Newegg is very much the same, or used to be.

The unfortunate thing with the USPS is that once the postman scans it as delivered, no amount of insurance is going to help you if he delivered it to the bottom of a lake. USPS insurance covers transit damage or loss only.

Having said that, I'm basing the majority of my opinions about shipping on the fact that I ran a warehouse that shipped internationally. Thousand of deliveries incoming and outgoing. Mostly consumer product in glass bottles going out and controlled substances we needed licenses to import. Using the USPS was always the most cost effective, quickest and most reliable option. Even with customs involved. I pushed for the owner to use USPS exclusively and it ended up saving him a ton of money and a lot of headache and time for me.

Please don't resurrect one-year old threads for your political opinions. :(

Still use to the '14. Surely you can grant me a reprieve, if that is what this is really about?

Don't assume I'm an Obama supporter just because I called out the well known conservative board who has run the USPS into the ground. I'm a actually a conservative. The logical kind. The old kind.

And it wasn't exactly the crux of my post, or really that political. I read an excellent article just yesterday about what this administration can do to start reforming the USPS in 2015 with upcoming USPS vacancies and how the GOP will try to derail it despite still claiming to be the party of fiscal responsibility.

Now that was a political statement.

Last edited:
What this is about is bringing politics into an otherwise legitimate thread regardless of your necro.

Back