• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CPU 'downgrade' - system won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

issepower

Registered
Hi,

I've installed a core i3-540 in an acer aspire x3950 (had i3-550 before) and now the system won't boot. Well, it boot's but I see nothing on the screen and I don't hear the hard drive is booting into Windows. Video output is the integrated graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

So I assume you can't see anything right now on the screen? Maybe try a CMOS reset?
I assume the 540 should be compatible and you installed it correctly and didn't damage anything in the process?

So I assume you can't see anything right now on the screen? Maybe try a CMOS reset?
I assume the 540 should be compatible and you installed it correctly and didn't damage anything in the process?

Already tried CMOS reset :( And I'm sure I didnt damage anything

I assume you used the iGPU before so I can't think of why you wouldn't be able to do that now.
Did you reset via jumper or did you take the battery out (you should leave it out up to 24hours, while unplugging power).

Can you borrow a dedicated GPU and see if you get a video signal? Then you could check the BIOS settings.
Do you have bios speakers installed? Any beep codes?

I assume you used the iGPU before so I can't think of why you wouldn't be able to do that now.
Did you reset via jumper or did you take the battery out (you should leave it out up to 24hours, while unplugging power).

Can you borrow a dedicated GPU and see if you get a video signal? Then you could check the BIOS settings.
Do you have bios speakers installed? Any beep codes?

I already tried with a dedicated GPU. Same problem..
I took the battery out for couple of minutes and pressed de power switch couple of times. I'll try to remove it for 24 hours. Yes, speaker is installed but I don't hear anything.

The system finnaly booted !!

I removed and reinstalled the cpu and changed the ram in another slot. Don't know where the problem could have been..

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

Back