• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 290 unlock with doubts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

Hi guys,

I have a 290 who unlocked sloothly, and I have a second one which I believed did not.

Afterv flashing the PT1 bios, it shows 2816 shaders, while with the "gebnuine" sapphire 290x bios it stays at 2560...

Any thoughts?

Mmm, after a couple of reboots, it shows 2560 again. Weird...

What is the question Manu? How many should it have? What does gpuz say? When you benchz do you get 290 or 290x performance?

Hi E_D, soory, question a bit unclear, post written late at night, lol!

The 290 have 2560 shaders. The 290x has 2816.

My first 290 unlocked smoothly (still have some issue with the Hynix modules that should OC well over 1500MHe, but well... wil star a thread about that).

The second one did not at the first attempt, but briefly showed 2816 (2 or 3 Windows start/shutdown). And then back to 2560.

I was wondering if it could be a bug of GPU-z.

One thing: the device ID did not change when I flashed the 290x Bios, I guess it should if the flash works fine, right?

Hi E_D, soory, question a bit unclear, post written late at night, lol!

The 290 have 2560 shaders. The 290x has 2816.

My first 290 unlocked smoothly (still have some issue with the Hynix modules that should OC well over 1500MHe, but well... wil star a thread about that).

The second one did not at the first attempt, but briefly showed 2816 (2 or 3 Windows start/shutdown). And then back to 2560.

I was wondering if it could be a bug of GPU-z.

One thing: the device ID did not change when I flashed the 290x Bios, I guess it should if the flash works fine, right?

Manu it is a Bug if you switch card selection back and forth in GPUZ you wil lsee how it goes back to the stock 290 (nonx) shaders.

I have the same results as you 1 flashed/unlocked other did not

^yep.

Thanks.
I noticed that the other day. Forgot to mak the thread as "solved"

Back