• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia is profitable to mine on currently - scrypt-jane, cudaminer, and yacoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking for a miner but can't seem to find much. Does anyone have a compiled miner?

I'm looking for a miner but can't seem to find much. Does anyone have a compiled miner?

Not yet I think.

I'd compile it, but I can hardly program my old grade 11 java program lol.

Guess we will have to wait...

Compiling in win is the worst...

I'll try it on a live xubuntu install. I'll have two 780s to test tomorrow, probably.

Thanks Matt! This is amazing :D

EDIT: got excited quickly, what about the N factor? Latest hash rate reports look way lower, but maybe if you try a 4gb vram or 6gb equipped card you can get away with higher hash rates.

EDIT2: got really excited now...servers, nvidia quadro cards with 4gb+ (12gb or whatever) vram! Those would mine yac like crazy!!! :eek:
Amazon AWS gpu cloud servers anyone? Matt, we need help compiling that thing now :p

Last edited:
il get ahold of my cousin and see if hel compile it if so il upload it for yall

it almost seems like youre comparing apples to oranges.

Nvidia on Yacoin
vs
AMD on Litecoin

what about AMD on Yacoin? how does that compare to Nvidia?

Well not really apples and oranges. I was comparing the most profitable way to mine on AMD vs most profitable on NVIDIA (which usually people say nvidia can't mine profitably).

For yacoin and AMD vs Nvidia, AMD isn't worth doing. AMD is far less profitable on yacoin than it is on litecoin and it performs much worse than nvidia on yacoin.

So not exactly apples to oranges, its just AMD is good enough on litecoin that it isn't worth talking about yacoin.

AMD on yacoin sucks...

As a sidenote, nvidia gt 640 mines pts at 217cpm.

Can you translate this to daily production? How many coins/day would work, or a step further would be $/day at current rates.

I would have to look up what pts are, so I have no idea how many cpm are good or bad.

Can you translate this to daily production? How many coins/day would work, or a step further would be $/day at current rates.

I would have to look up what pts are, so I have no idea how many cpm are good or bad.

gt750m (rebranded gt 640?) mines protoshares at ypool at 217cpm.
1 protoshare=0.015btc
1700cpm nets you 0.01btc in pts per day (that's what a gtx 780 makes)

http://mrx.im/pts.php

GTX 680 at stock: (zotac) 900cpm

Last edited:
where is the source that needs compiled? cant seem to find it.

i got pretty far compiling it so far, it seems like every time i fix one thing another thing breaks, that issue i was telling you about I.M.O.G. has been resolved now im just having some issues with the cuda DLL's not pulling data from the right location, dunno what they are trying to pull or where from so i cant find what they need and put it there. il work on it summore this afternoon, paperwork... yay plus i have a dentist appointment in 30 mins :(

Cudaminer performs worse in 64 bit than 32 bit due to the nature of the solving algorithms, and that it makes the overhead from extra pointers in 64bit parse slower... If I understand the statements made by cbuchner1 correctly. Would be best to compile 32bit for this reason.

But scrypt-jane needs huge amounts of ram per thread :(
32bit os?
No dev here, just wondering.

iirc, I read that having more system memory than your GPU, and the speed of the RAM was more important than shear amount.

Besides, someone gets this compiled I'll try LAA to see if it works.

Back