• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia is profitable to mine on currently - scrypt-jane, cudaminer, and yacoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does anyone know what GTX 480s do? Not sure if its worth the heat it generates or the blood sucking power it needs. I will take anything and a simple exe file to get me started would be nice otherwise I am lost as I am still an infant when it comes to mining in general.

Does anyone know what GTX 480s do? Not sure if its worth the heat it generates or the blood sucking power it needs. I will take anything and a simple exe file to get me started would be nice otherwise I am lost as I am still an infant when it comes to mining in general.

People are reporting good results with the 780 ;)

First download this and extract Cudaminer
Then, register for a mining pool, their are several. I use https://Fast-pool.com for dogecoin, give-me-coins.com for LTC, and am having issues finding a reliable place to mine YAC
Then in the x86 subfolder of cudaminer (doesnt matter where you extracted it to) Create a txt file and put
Code:
 cudaminer -i 0 -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u XXXXXXX[U].[/U]X -p XXXXXXXX
It is very importnant that you put the . in the worker name (worker name = account name + whatever you want, I use 1 for GPU and 2 for cpu)
The above will autotune for your card on scrypt, to use scrypt-jane you'll have to use the above link I posted, and the config is a bit different.

Last edited:
why skip doge? It's up there all the time...just use middlecoin and wait for coins to arrive Silver.

...yeah, WAIT :p

Why skip? I don't like Doge. I got screwed by it before, plus I don't like the "meme" idea behind it.

Don't get me wrong--I love memes just not meme based coins. :p

Why skip? I don't like Doge. I got screwed by it before, plus I don't like the "meme" idea behind it.

Don't get me wrong--I love memes just not meme based coins. :p
That is why you have it pay out to cryptsy, and have cryptsy autosell the doge as soon as it comes in!

Ok, tried yac and utc...I get crashes with my oc profile but the 780 is good for 5kh/s+ it seems. Pretty damn good, drawing less power than other coins too.

I can get between 0.014 and 0.017btc/day mining scrypt jane coins.
I think in the long run NVIDIA cards will be better for mining if scrypt asics become mainstream and coins like vertcoin or the scrypt jane ones with variable N factor stick around...memory hard algos favor cudaminer, by a pretty big margin too.

I've seen r7 240 4gb cards do pretty well though, 2.4-2.7kh/s at yac for example, whilst drawing 10w :p Scrypt-jane and high n factor is the future for mining imho...

I'd love to see what my 560ti and 4gb 7850 can do mining yacoin but I can't get a wallet to work. :(

Back