• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BAMT the dedicated alt coin mining OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There was one of the newer bamt reworks that would mine for the developer for part of the day. I am unsure which version it was, so I never tried any of the custom builds.
I saw a guide somewhere that showed how to see the usual cgminer window. I will post it up if i come across it again.

I have been using crypto slax as a mining os. It has miners for cpu as well as all of the gpu mining programs. Scrypt, scypt-jane, vert, prime miner, pts and sha3.

http://www.cryptoslax.web.id/

It was pretty simple to get set up. Just be careful to not save your conf through the cgminer client, because it saves in a different place than the other conf that is written and will confuse your efforts if you want to change the conf later.

My current problems with it are:
I need to set it up to autorun when the computer turns on
I need to start it and monitor remotely.

I have been using crypto slax as a mining os. It has miners for cpu as well as all of the gpu mining programs. Scrypt, scypt-jane, vert, prime miner, pts and sha3.

http://www.cryptoslax.web.id/

It was pretty simple to get set up. Just be careful to not save your conf through the cgminer client, because it saves in a different place than the other conf that is written and will confuse your efforts if you want to change the conf later.

My current problems with it are:
I need to set it up to autorun when the computer turns on
I need to start it and monitor remotely.

hmmm, so those problems are not working properly in it ?

They probably are, I just don't know how to do it.

I started it a few days ago and it has run very well since then, but if I have problems in the future, I will have to manually restart it.

I've been running bamt since I started mining, I'm on 1.6 now wit hthe new sg miner update and its very stable. It takes a little getting used to though

What is the best current mining o/s? Outside temps are dropping and I thought I may get another rig up and running to keep the remote corners of the house warm. I was thinking bamt, but I don't know if there is a better version or something newer.

What is the best current mining o/s? Outside temps are dropping and I thought I may get another rig up and running to keep the remote corners of the house warm. I was thinking bamt, but I don't know if there is a better version or something newer.

last i mined, i used win7, but prior to that bamt was always a good choice for me

Back