• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting article on scarcity of AMD vid-cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had to put a fan to exhaust the air from my computer room. A single 180 fan always on made it so it is not uncomfortable to sit in here.

Just saw this: Proof that retailers are taking advantage of the inflated GPU market.

Keep in mind that R9 290 MSRP is $399 - so, 3x $399 = (approx.) $1,200 - with all that other stuff about $470 at the most.

Attachments

• mining.png
    mining.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 56
We needed proof? AMD didn't raise the MSRP... ;)

First it was a new card thing, then mining and lack of stock, now, there is stock, prices, they did not change.

We needed proof? AMD didn't raise the MSRP... ;)

First it was a new card thing, then mining and lack of stock, now, there is stock, prices, they did not change.

ED, why doesn't AMD raise the price on their R290 series GPU's? Or, for that matter, the manufacturers of R290 series video cards? AMD could probably raise prices and not significantly affect the bottom line for the consumer at this point.
I just don't understand why only the retailers get to make a fast buck off this phenomenon.

Z3f7JII.jpg

think about it.. even at msrp they are making money on each card. now at $100+ over msrp on every card... they are makin freaking bank. pair that with a preferred account... (i was suckered into that ;) )

they do have nothing to lose at all if it had failed i mean the people run it themselves. code does all the work. ehh? ehh? lolol i know its silly :p

ED, why doesn't AMD raise the price on their R290 series GPU's? Or, for that matter, the manufacturers of R290 series video cards? AMD could probably raise prices and not significantly affect the bottom line for the consumer at this point.
I just don't understand why only the retailers get to make a fast buck off this phenomenon.
well, I'm not amd of course, so no idea. I can speculate it would come out and only serve to hurt them being 'greedy' which can sour some people as amd is known for price to performance ratio over the last few years. Msrp usually does not change unless a component skyrockets in price anyway.

I'd have to imagine that the AIBs would trickle down that cost to the consumer anyway. If they made budget projections based off certain profit margins, then suddenly they went away, you can miss the projection. Falling short on projections does not make shareholders happy... At least, that is my opinion. :bday:

Back