• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-970A-D3P w/FX8350 Overclocking Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Each benchmark will show improvements with different settings. Some like more Cpu OC others will benefit from Ram Speed and/or timings. Additionally, some 3D benches will benifit more with the gpu Oced then others. If you are planning on benching then figuring out what works best for that bench is the best idea. For everyday usage the same holds true, if your just browsing the web and playing games then the differences you are going to see from having the Nb Oced is minimal at best. Maybe you'll get a few FPS more in gaming. If you're doing something like rendering videos then you benefit greatly from increased Nb Frequency. Moral of the story is there comes a point where a user needs to figure out what works best for what they use the pc for.

Now setting the Nb freq on Auto isn't going to cause your Cpu to throttle, that will be caused by overheating of the Vrm's or the Cpu, keep the temps in check and your fine.

AgustinusAlvinW, welcome to the forum. This thread has been idle for 3 years and isogamer hasn't been on the forum for the better part of 6 months, so you may not get an answer. As far as the Cpu unlock the 8350 is already unlocked and Cpu-Unlock does not need to be enabled. If it were one will usually lost the ability to monitor temperatures. Cpu Unlock is used for the rare times you can unlock a cpu that has been locked at the factory, such as some of the Semperon chips.

is there any reason why u disabled cpu unlock? and also why u disabled HPC Mode (High Performance Computing Mode)

I know, two years has passed, but I just found this post and I happen to still have the same system and this really helped to setup my OC, since I don't have money now to do a better upgrade on my system and I still want to play some newer games, I happen to found this to maybe give some overlife for my PC.

I have this same MoBo and Processor but my GPU is a GTX 1070 and I have a corsair AIO WC H100i.

The HPC mode should be disable if you are clocking you CPU, although it's called High Performance Computing Mode what it does is lower your CPU clock on idle tasks, so you don't want that, since you are actually messing around with the CPU clock to set it higher.

Hope it helps... from the future... hehehehe:D

Back