• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 270x 4 gig gaming edition or 2 270x 2 gig hawk edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xijt

Really stumped here and looking for a bit of advice. I bought my first 270x a month or 2 back and i liked it but one of the fans had an issue so i just refunded it for now. Im looking to get another MSI card and do a 2 card setup. I really loved the way that the 270x Gaming Edition performed so i think that ill go back with another. I am upgrading my whole pc after i get my taxes this year which so far consist of my current processor which is a Intel i5-3330 and this is using a socket 1155, that leaves me with a MSI z77 mobo. To my knowledge this will support 2 video cards which will either be 2 hawk edition 2 gig cards or 2 gaming 4 gig edition cards. Will the extra 2 gigs help the gaming edition over the 2 gigs of the hawk? From my nooby eyes the core specs and memory specs arent that different other then the 2 gigs. Are the 2 270x 4 gigs a better choice?

If you're planning on playing with multiple monitors and high resolutions then getting 4g cards is the better choice. Personally I'd get a GTX 780 3g for around the same price of the dual 270x's and not have to deal with XFire.

If you're planning on playing with multiple monitors and high resolutions then getting 4g cards is the better choice. Personally I'd get a GTX 780 3g for around the same price of the dual 270x's and not have to deal with XFire.

So having 2 cards that are overclockable and having 5 gigs more wouldnt be better then 1 single 780? That doesnt seem right at all to me. Other then not having to deal with Xfire how would the 780 be better.

vRam doesn't add up when you go multi GPU: it's mirrored. So you'll have 4GB, not 8.

Same as Mandrake. I'd go either 780 or 290x. To not have to deal with multi GPU hassle.

Edit: all cards are overclockable. The overclock ba blah label is just marketing.

vRam doesn't add up when you go multi GPU: it's mirrored. So you'll have 4GB, not 8.

Same as Mandrake. I'd go either 780 or 290x. To not have to deal with multi GPU hassle.

Edit: all cards are overclockable. The overclock ba blah label is just marketing.

This^^^^

+1 to single 780. You're probably at 1080p am I right?

As the others said about Vram. Another +1 to that info. Doesn't double like that.

Back