• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not only are many settings and how they may function be system specific they are manufacturer and board specific. Giga in some later bioses, had HPC hidden in some area not normally visited and Disabled by default on some UD3 type boards. Probably on many of their AM3+ boards but not much posting of them in here.

Those of us that 'try' and help others with their AMD shett have spent untold (good thing) hours beating up on our stuff. It is the only way to ever begin to know what to expect when overclocking. Nothinig will beat the hours spent in bios and then logging the results.

And then there is that one more thing to consider. It has been true since I have been in mobo forums. Some little tricks are just not for the giving away. Hehehe. Like "johan45" just did in his post just above. Hehehe. No telling when one needs that 'edge' in a benchmark. In most forums 5 years ago or so there was ALWAYS a little friendly rivalry going on. Beat this benchmark score. I guess the makeup of this forum and its' forum sections does not lead to such here often. But no sir we did not give away every little tweak.
RGone...ster.

These kinds of things really only become apparent when you start sleeping with your computer. Not literally. I'm starting to believe that also. This stuff is addictive. I'm still experimenting with NB & HT Link so all input is appreciated.

When really pushing the limits of cooling and your systems capabilities some times that .0625v can make or break a benchmark.I'm really finding that out. I'm working on getting 4.75Ghz stable & it is taking large amounts of Vcore.
Dan
That sounds about normal Dan. The majority of these FX cpu get really thirsty around the 4.7-4.8 mark and it just continues to get worse after that.

Not only are many settings and how they may function be system specific they are manufacturer and board specific. Giga in some later bioses, had HPC hidden in some area not normally visited and Disabled by default on some UD3 type boards. Probably on many of their AM3+ boards but not much posting of them in here.

Those of us that 'try' and help others with their AMD shett have spent untold (good thing) hours beating up on our stuff. It is the only way to ever begin to know what to expect when overclocking. Nothinig will beat the hours spent in bios and then logging the results.

And then there is that one more thing to consider. It has been true since I have been in mobo forums. Some little tricks are just not for the giving away. Hehehe. Like "johan45" just did in his post just above. Hehehe. No telling when one needs that 'edge' in a benchmark. In most forums 5 years ago or so there was ALWAYS a little friendly rivalry going on. Beat this benchmark score. I guess the makeup of this forum and its' forum sections does not lead to such here often. But no sir we did not give away every little tweak.
RGone...ster.

No worries RGone, Manny and I have our little thing going but it's friendly and he knows most of what I do, we compare notes on and off, and poke at each other just to go faster. I'm surprised neither of us have fried one of these yet to be honest.

Manny and I have our little thing going but it's friendly and he knows most of what I do, we compare notes on and off, and poke at each other just to go faster. I'm surprised neither of us have fried one of these yet to be honest.= I expected you guys did. It makes it more fun in a way to push each other. For about 1.5 years, I was on the phone everynight with a bud in Seattle WA. We had same boards and cpus. I tweaked his board for him by phone and no matter what I did at my end he was always about 50Mhz faster. Shett shett. But it surely taught us both a thing or three. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

Last edited:
No worries RGone, Manny and I have our little thing going but it's friendly and he knows most of what I do, we compare notes on and off, and poke at each other just to go faster. I'm surprised neither of us have fried one of these yet to be honest.
I actually made a comment today to Johan that our little back and forth with the benches has made both of us better overclockers. It's all in fun though, I cant count the amount of times I cheered when I got those last few points to best someones score. Then again there's always the screaming when it blue screens as you go to catch the screen shot. :D

That said Dan what you're doing is what is needed to find what works for your setup. Keep tinkering and bounce ideas off of us, you'll learn a lot about how to make it run more efficiently. Also remember the hotter the chip gets the more volts you're going to need to get it to X Mhz, so whatever you can do to get it cooler will help.

That said Dan what you're doing is what is needed to find what works for your setup. Keep tinkering and bounce ideas off of us, you'll learn a lot about how to make it run more efficiently. Also remember the hotter the chip gets the more volts you're going to need to get it to X Mhz, so whatever you can do to get it cooler will help.

Thanks for the encouragement, the temps. are what is causing me problems at this point. I just can't get a break on outside temps. Today it's in the 50s but starting Friday going to be around 80F through Tuesday at least. :bang head

Hard to escape high ambient temps Dan, nature of the game. Either way when playing with the bus speeds you may want to back the CPU speed down a bit. This will help with any additional heat you get from the NB and added voltage for it. Just helps take that out of the equation.

Hard to escape high ambient temps Dan, nature of the game. Either way when playing with the bus speeds you may want to back the CPU speed down a bit. This will help with any additional heat you get from the NB and added voltage for it. Just helps take that out of the equation.
Thanks Johan, that just happens to be what I did this morning. I went from 22x215 to 22.5x210 & things seem to be working much better. The temps are suppose to be in the 40s tomorrow morning. I'm going to try a run on prime then & see what shakes out.
Dan

In FL you are going to have to get something at least on the order of the top three at his linked page. Showing as "example" not that it has to be this or from this location, but it is on the order of what you will have to have in FL, at a minimum for high speed touring.
RGone....

In FL you are going to have to get something at least on the order of the top three at his linked page.

Mees tinks gonstobobinnatozzzzz brokes ito caddis house and be sippin on his everclear! ;)

Leave the dang link out of my post. CrapOLa. I linked one that is maybe a minimum of what you would need if you want to push and have lesser temps. Sorry about the link and when I looked back just now it did not bring up the same items on the page so linked a single unit. Not a must have but an example of where to begin to look as far as enough cooling goes.
RGone...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...mp_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321

Leave the dang link out of my post. CrapOLa. I linked one that is maybe a minimum of what you would need if you want to push and have lesser temps. Sorry about the link and when I looked back just now it did not bring up the same items on the page so linked a single unit. Not a must have but an example of where to begin to look as far as enough cooling goes.
RGone...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...mp_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321
OK Thanks, makes more sense now.:D

That's the problem when you nly get half the story, there's no way you're gonna gleen it from his words. Complete thoughts Bobert!

That's the problem when you nly get half the story, there's no way you're gonna gleen it from his words. Complete thoughts Bobert!

I beed wuz un me overcrossing town puter an me plum mose forgetted at me had need tuh add forken linkskis. Igmoramoose old faht.
I steel beed mostest narly RGone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzz

Gonester I must say I laugh hard every time I read sheet like this!
I beed wuz un me overcrossing town puter an me plum mose forgetted at me had need tuh add forken linkskis. Igmoramoose old faht.
I steel beed mostest narly RGone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzz

No worries RBobbergone, I'm Canadian , I can put up with anybody. :rofl:

Back