• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mining Damage. Pics welcomed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
actually i guess the stopped it with the 79xx series of card idk if they brought it back, if not im sad.

edit: at the bottom of the newegg page it says lifetime so maybe they put it back in effect.

if you get the DD series xfx cards they still have it, i think.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the death of a Corsair TX850. I received this power supply for free from StaTek here on the forums and it has been powering 24/7 folding and mining rigs for 2 months shy of 5 years solid.

4rUgfEk.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't have anything cool like burning, it just went quiet. After I pull it out of the system and replace it tomorrow I'll take a picture for the thread.

oh I was just messin, Im sorry for your loss, I have a 5+ year seasonic im starting to worry about too, simply because that's quite a long run already

adding a Z87 ASUS sabertooth mobo.

a capacitor blew.
took a while for me to find out it was the mobo, but alas, never liked it anyway.

now using a Maximus VI hero instead, much better. :)

Corsair GS800 went crackle crackle boom! And is no more. Going to try and rma, but I don't know if I can get the receipt for it, store apparently only keeps them on record for one year... And I can't find it at home anymore...

I lost a GS800 a while ago too.
ever since I went for better PSU, for Corsair I only use HX and AX series. (solid as hell)

and ASUS will RMA my Z87 Sabertooth!
so I am looking to make another new rig soon!! YAY!

I got a corsair 80+ gold RM850w on the way here from Oklahoma Wolf already. Had actually bought it off him like 12h before my gs800 went boom.
Gonna go dual psu with the rm850 and a tx750.

buddy of mine who i bought sapphire 280x with just had his 280x die on him.
wont boot if the card has power going to it.
looks like time to rma, lets see how this wtcr place is for dealing with rma, cards were only shipped out on jan. 21
he dont have time to take card out tonight, but will take it out tomorrow, maybe get some pictures if anything is obviously gone on it.

buddy of mine who i bought sapphire 280x with just had his 280x die on him.
wont boot if the card has power going to it.
looks like time to rma, lets see how this wtcr place is for dealing with rma, cards were only shipped out on jan. 21
he dont have time to take card out tonight, but will take it out tomorrow, maybe get some pictures if anything is obviously gone on it.

Lemme know how it goes, since I bought my 270x there too.

Please :)

This was my very first purchase when going back into mining, from day one, i knew it was doomed sooner or later, it refused to run more than 2 gpu's, but i found ways to make it work. Sadly, tonight, its came to an end, while i playing loadout, i suddenly heard poof from the other room, and one of the mining rigs die.

Red light on the PSU, and it was insanely hot!

Did about 2months mining for me, so yeah its paid off, but still sad, now i need to buy yet another PSU...

2014-02-14 00.10.21 (Medium).jpg

A lot of PSU's here...

I guess they are the first to go.
Good thing they are cheaper than a dead GPU :cool:

Sorry for the loss Pierre. :(

RIP Sapphire 290X

Looks like a voltage regulator popped. It would be the one that I bought from a guy on [H] about a month ago, so now I have to hope that he will help RMA this guy.

RIP Sapphire 290X

Looks like a voltage regulator popped. It would be the one that I bought from a guy on [H] about a month ago, so now I have to hope that he will help RMA this guy.

That suxx :(

Was it overvolted or just stock?

Stock. Never touched the volts other than ubermode but I don't believe that touches voltage

uh oh.
something in my pc just went pop, and things smell real bad.
the computer kept running, but mining numbers on one of the cards went down approx 50%
shut the comp off, and hopefully have time to do something about it tomorrow.

Back