• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2014 Milestones thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoXQi3x

Happy new year, don't we need an updated thread for 2014?
I'm at least digging my new "rank 32 of team 32" ranking :)
Turns out all that used hardware that I bought is actually working :)

Attachments

• 32on32.png
    32on32.png
    34 KB · Views: 441
Happy new year, don't we need an updated thread for 2014?
I'm at least digging my new "rank 32 of team 32" ranking :)
Turns out all that used hardware that I bought is actually working :)

And working VERY well! Are you running two GPU's, + two cpu's? That's a LOT of points -- YOU'RE ON MY THREAT LIST!!:shock::shock:

Well done! :thup:

We had an earlier 2014 goal thread, but it was "pushed" off the first page:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741390

At this very moment: 9 GPUs - 2,5 CPUs (sorry AMD) - two rather temporary mainbords-on-its-paperbox rigs (not in mu sig), but I couldn't just leave them sitting :)
Goals are good, mine are shifting all the time - but the milestones they can't take from me :)

Yeah, I thought you had an Army of folders there! My poor 4P Tanker has been looking for his Thermopylae pass, to make a last stand. :D

figured what the hek :) my small-stone this year :D

Attachments

• cert.php.jpg
    cert.php.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 381
thanks, its smallpotatoes, but it was a nice round one :)

It's been a crawl to the finish line - hard drive crash, power drops - but I'm finally here.
Now a week for you, Adak!

Attachments

• 100mill.jpg
    100mill.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 329
I'll do Adak the whole month if you do, dfonda!
Rox there are enough folks on Adak, and I made my peace with our friend while he was alive. Its not going to make me feel any better by switching over. So lets just do what were doing.

If anybody thinks we don't care because of it, that's up to them to think that way, I know Adak would understand. I don't think this is the kind of community that would even judge anyone on how or why they make peace with the loss of someone. We all have our own Row to Hoe. This hurts bad enough losing him. There is enough pain to go around for everyone.

I'll send you a PM shortly.

@RoX - I tried my best to beat you to 100 million but I just couldn't do it, it was a very close finish though haha.

Well congrats to us - we're both in the 100 million club now :) Keep on folding!

Welp, I'm off to other thi8ngs I guess if that's the way it's going.

Nice eulogy, guess ya barely meant any of it.

Shutting some down, no offense but I rarely folded out of principle myself as anything developed would be used by a big corporation for profit in the end.

As you don't even feel compelled to support it I'm not.
You do what ya gotta do pal...Don't use me for excuses...Way to derail a class thread. If you had a problem with me you could have Pmed me...I never said I wasn't supporting this cause. You think I don't have 8 other clients to run on Adak?

This post to Rox referred to my 4P. What gives you any right to judge me?

Welp, I'm off to other thi8ngs I guess if that's the way it's going.

Nice eulogy, guess ya barely meant any of it.

Shutting some down, no offense but I rarely folded out of principle myself as anything developed would be used by a big corporation for profit in the end.

As you don't even feel compelled to support it I'm not.

Not sure wtf this is about but i can say this.......Attitude like this is not tolerated in the Folding Forum.

If you don't wish to fold on your hardware....don't. No need for a dickish post like this.

As for this specifically, you might want to know a little something about it before you decide to quit.......the life you may one day help save, might end up being your own!! :sly:

Who "owns" the results? What will happen to them?

Unlike other distributed computing projects, Folding@home is run by an academic institution
(specifically the Pande Group, at Stanford University's Chemistry Department), which is a nonprofit
institution dedicated to science research and education. We will not sell the data or make any money
off of it. Moreover, we will make the data available for others to use. In particular, the results from
Folding@home will be made available on several levels. Most importantly, analysis of the simulations
will be submitted to scientific journals for publication, and these journal articles will be posted on the
web page after publication. Next, after publication of these scientific articles which analyze the data,
the raw data of the folding runs will be available for everyone, including other researchers, here on
this web site.

Should you be interested: Papers / Results

foldon.gif

I've hit 50M !! :thup: Hurray !!
cert.gabi_golan.50070420.jpg

While not 50 million (Nice work! :thup: :rock: )
It's something :)

Was hoping to post when I have 100,000, but I had to stop folding while I image my RAID0 array.
Back to folding once it's done. :)

cert.php.jpg

Back