• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Charter doubled speeds for free

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
Just had my 30 megs doubled to (i think) 60 megs. Here in upstate SC. I'm getting really sporadic speed tests, though. Bouncing around between 30 and 60 and all in-between, even when I pick the same server twice. Bursting at over 80mbps+ though.

I think the 60mbps may be a theoretical maximum, though. Most tests are falling in the 40-50 range.

Still paying $50.

Ive been at 30mbps for a while now, I get WELL over that all the time. usually around 50mbps. I called and ask, and they gave me some schpiel about "Excess bandwidth". I aint complaining though haha. Sometimes I get 70+

They are "officially" doubling ALL 30mbps customers to 60mbps within the calendar year.

Think we're seeing an early sort of half-way rollout.

They are "officially" doubling ALL 30mbps customers to 60mbps within the calendar year.

Think we're seeing an early sort of half-way rollout.

Hmm this happened like 2 months ago for me I guess. Thats cool of them though! :attn:

I'm still running 30mbs for $55... They did however stop charging leasing and tax fees here so I pay a straight $54.99.

Is this a confirmed ALL or a speculation ALL?

3265797135.png

Confirmed all,

"all charter markets by the end of the calendar year"

from the rep I talked to on the phone a couple days ago.

75/50... not sure how much I pay. My cable/internet package is $140 though (with HD packages and DVR).

Internet cut off yesterday in the middle of playing Everquest... Didn't pay it much attention because it came back online within a few minutes. Was surprised when I downloaded a couple torrents today though.

It's official, 60 meg upgrade hit South Carolina! 60 megs for 40 bucks.

freespeeds.png

Just created a new account for our new apartment, the internet package itself is $39.99. I'm not sure if that's gonna include the modem rental and taxes or not yet.

Here at this house the bill is $75/mo with the $20 phone service, so I figure a bit of that is modem fee and taxes.

Time to supply your own modem, will pay for itself within a year in most cases

Just got my upgrade on charter today, picked up my DocSIS 3.0 modem and got it setup, here are the results:
Charter Speed 08OCT2014.PNG

I was previously on their 12Mbit down / 2Mbit up plan and slowly was upgraded to 25 and 3. For the same Price I got this, I love it.

Back