• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3930K & RIVF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I finally found a sweet 3930k. It runs at 4.6MHz on air. I installed a Corsair H100 cooler on it and it runs 4.8MHz With 1.34v in bios.

th_4800_zps7161fa76.jpg

Now I just cannot get it to run prime95 at 4.9 I am up to 1.375v in bios and temps are hitting low 70c range for 30 mins or so before BSOD. I have not tried changing any other voltage settings yet. Load line calibration is set to High. This system is on a open bench. RIVF is running latest bios. I could use some help with what other settings I might try.

Make sure the VRM's are cool... X79 gets toasty when overclocking... that is the first thing I can think of.

Maybe try raising whatever the VTT equivelant would be, and ioh? I know 6 cores is a bit trickier than 4, but I have no experience with modern systems :(

Make sure the VRM's are cool... X79 gets toasty when overclocking... that is the first thing I can think of.

Yep, have fans blowing on them. Not even real warm.:thup:

Maybe try raising whatever the VTT equivelant would be, and ioh? I know 6 cores is a bit trickier than 4, but I have no experience with modern systems :(

Raised the vtt voltage to 1.75 and trying it now.

Looks like the VTT Increase did the trick.
th_4900_zps60eb5e75.jpg

Got BSOD right after posting.:mad:

Last edited:
Maybe try raising your nb 1.5v+ to 1.55v, and if you have a pcie 1.5v+ match it to the nb 1.5v+ voltage. I have my ioh at 1.325 as well. For vtt I have mine at 1.37v, but I am running mems under 1800mhz.. Some of the same rules for x58 may apply, but I don't know :rain:

I got 4.9 stable. Will not get 5.0 as my cooling will not be enough. So for now will run it at 4.8 and 1.34v will be putting together a 360 rad and other hardware and try for 5.0 again down the road.:thup:

Back