• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what about bioshock 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

How much does the story of bioshock 2 tie into bioshock and bioshock infinite?

I've only played infinite but I noticed 2k download games are on sale on newegg and was going to get the first but I don't know how much the second ties into the whole story

Bioshock 2 happens years after the first one and since you are in the role of a Big Daddy rather than the original protagonist, knowing or not knowing the previous story isn't all that important. It does help flesh out the story in BioShock 2 a bit more, but nothing that would really cause you not to understand what is going on in the second game.

+1. I liked Infinite the most, followed by the first, and then the second. I enjoyed some of the updates that they made to the game for the second one, but I still felt like the first was just really hard to top. Infinite was a beautiful game and the game play was nice as well. I did dislike a few things about it though. The inability to carry all of the weapon types (like BS1 and 2) was annoying, and the checkpoint save system vs. the quick save/load system is just annoying. I want to save when I decide I want to save, not when the game has decided my progress is sufficient.

In BS2, you get to go underwater, since you're now a Big Daddy.

But why are you the only Big Daddy that can use magic (oops, plasmids)?

The one thing I really didn't like about BS2 was the re-spawning. You can
clear out all enemies and within minutes more will spawn in and they always
know *exactly* where you are.

You play as a Alpha Series big daddy (Subject Delta).

Subject Delta's suit was designed specifically to allow the efficient use of Plasmids. His gloves have openings on his fingertips and palms to accommodate the necessary contact with the environment Plasmid projectiles require, his sleeves have IV ports for ADAM injection and a tube for transporting EVE from his tank straight to his wrists to allow swift replenishment even during combat.

You play as a Alpha Series big daddy (Subject Delta).

Subject Delta's suit was designed specifically to allow the efficient use of Plasmids. His gloves have openings on his fingertips and palms to accommodate the necessary contact with the environment Plasmid projectiles require, his sleeves have IV ports for ADAM injection and a tube for transporting EVE from his tank straight to his wrists to allow swift replenishment even during combat.

I wonder if having holes in your suit might not cause problems when you're walking
across the bottom of the ocean?

I suppose what you're saying makes sense though, because in both Bioshock and
Bioshock 2 you never see any Big Daddys like Delta.

I had thought Delta was some sort of early prototype Big Daddy, but I could be wrong.

In BS2, you get to go underwater, since you're now a Big Daddy.

The one thing I really didn't like about BS2 was the re-spawning. You can
clear out all enemies and within minutes more will spawn in and they always
know *exactly* where you are.

+1 to this it was quite annoying, not a deal breaker. also the game towards the middle and end is really difficult at times (my opinion) gotta remember to use traps :D Some big time fights. LOL

But ! I really enjoyed Bioshock 2 and I always recommend it. Paying attention to the story and what you are doing in the game makes you think whoever wrote this stuff has a pretty wild imagination for sure :thup:

Bioshock 2 didn't really do much w/the fact that your character can now go under water. I only remember two underwater parts in the whole game, one of them was really short, and the shark never did anything but look threatening.
I'd of liked the game a lot more if you could turn off the re-spawning like you could in the original Bioshock.
At least you didn't have to take pictures anymore to upgrade your skills/abilities, that got old fast in the original Bioshock, and I thought it was completely lame by the end.
If I take 5 pictures of someone doing TIG welding is that really going to make me a master welder? If I take 5 pictures of someone firing a sniper rifle am I really going to be as good as he is?

Back