• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 and FX8320 Won't Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's why we try to steer people away from boards like this. When a motherboard goes it can take the CPU with a lot of the time and more you just never know. Even fires are possible.

That's why we try to steer people away from boards like this. When a motherboard goes it can take the CPU with a lot of the time and more you just never know. Even fires are possible.

This +1.

A motherboard that dies like this won't always save the CPU.
It could kill the CPU, PSU, and very likely start a small fire.
It would NOT be the first time I've seen one of these cheap boards literally light a fire on a VRM component when failing.

It would NOT be the first time I've seen one of these cheap boards literally light a fire on a VRM component when failing.

That's cause nobody knows to cool these boards with a simple fan on the VRM package areas!

It's a shame

Or, don't use a motherboard that doesn't have a TDP lower than your CPU at all.
Its not a good combination, especially with FX equipment. It ends in burned out VRMs.

Fire hazard!

- - - Updated - - -

This board should be capable of using the FX series 8 core cpus, as I used an FX-8350 in mine. One word of note however, is that this board will not last a very long time if you use said cpu, as it WILL burn out the CPU power-regulator. It takes about a year to do this, but keep that in mind.

I bet if he ran Prime95 it would burn up in a lot less than a year lol!

It's a shame these boards are sooo underestimated. Mine pumped over 2v.

what gives?

Are we shedding opinions or facts here fellas?

Veman the thread starter has not been in thread since first week of Feb 2014.

Jsec42 jumps in 14 mos later into a dead thread and says his Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 did work with an FX-8350 for about a year until it burnt up his VRMs.

So if a user had not posted in a 14 month old dead thread...this thing would have stayed dormant. And knowing a user said it took a year for his FX-8350 to burn up his VRMs does not instill huge confidence in me to suggest such board for average user since they don't think in terms of only a years use. Or most don't. I don't.

RGone...

Back