• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig Can I Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SKULL

Registered
So a few months ago i was trying to overclock my rig > http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741794

Since then i desided to start over with a new rig that i shoud get in the next few days.

So my qestion is with the below what i am getting will i be able to overclock and what would i be able to over clock too?

New Rig

Case : Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011017-WW Windowed Gaming Case - Black
CPU : Intel Haswell i7 4770k 4.0GHz Overclocked CPU
Mobi : Asus Z87-K USB3.0 Motherboard
CPU Fan : Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 Silent Heatpipe
Ram : 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600MHz
PSU : Corsair CX750M - 750 WATT
Video Card : EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Extra's
I got 5x Corsair 120mm/12cm Black Silent Gaming PC Case Fan 3 Pin to put in the case what makes 7 Fans inside the case.

So the qestion is have i done right and taken on board what was said in my last topic and will this overclock and what overclock should i be able to get out of it?

Every system will be a little different from the next, but you'll probably be able to get to 4.2 or 4.3 before CPU temps begin to be a problem. Higher than that might require going to water cooling.

+1 ^^.

Depending on the CPU you can be anywhere from 4.2-4.6Ghz on air... depends on what voltage you need to get the CPU there among other things. I wouldn't go much beyond that regardless as you have 3+1 or 4+1 power on that board...

Every system will be a little different from the next, but you'll probably be able to get to 4.2 or 4.3 before CPU temps begin to be a problem. Higher than that might require going to water cooling.

+1

Plan on 4.2 and go from there.

Back