• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best coin to mine !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a quick note - the Minerpools block finder bonus is 0.01 Child. Started getting them last night, and am up to 5.

Just a quick note - the Minerpools block finder bonus is 0.01 Child. Started getting them last night, and am up to 5.

Of course, 10 minutes after I read this I find a block for cryptopools. :facepalm:
I got 0.17 Child from my own block :-/

Need more power for these PROP pools...

Xchild is working well for me. 23MHs for the whole farm. I was feeling good about that number too, until I saw the two 3GHs whales at Minerpools :bang head

Ah well... the coins are coming in.

Had the dedicated miner crash on me early on, but that was because it's never run X11 before with that card combination and needed tweaking. Seems stable now.

Congrats on getting things launched, Ivan :thup:

We are the whales :p
This coin will be nice, scammers don't have much chances to hype it and pump. No sir, not on my watch ;)
I intend to hold as much as I can (while covering electricity costs) to increase the donations $$$ size.
I'd urge you to do the same guys.

Okay good. I'm up and mining now.
4Mh.. let's hope it's good enough

Congrats Ivan on the launch!!

Thanks!

Doing all I can - up to 512 Child and climbing as of this morning. Clearing 100 a day at present difficulty. Kind of nice to get in on the ground floor of something for a change.

Might have to take a break to mine some more Monero at some point, so I can get a cashout going, but there's no big rush on my end.

Doing all I can - up to 512 Child and climbing as of this morning. Clearing 100 a day at present difficulty. Kind of nice to get in on the ground floor of something for a change.

Might have to take a break to mine some more Monero at some point, so I can get a cashout going, but there's no big rush on my end.

I have ~50 stocked up. I've noticed the diff bounce a bit, last time I check is was 93 so that's kinda nice :)
Yessir, I'm liking this coin.

Soloing child, looks even more profitable than xmr. Soloed 240 in about 14 hrs :)

Interesting - XMR is significantly more profitable for me. At least right now. Then again if you have 11khs you can put on XMR you also have a bigger farm to throw at solo mining than I do.

I've only found 20 blocks total with CHILD, and none at all over last weekend, so I've been doing pools only. I might have done ok at solo mining with the difficulty under 150, but right now it's too high to risk it.

I'm up to 940 CHILD, all of which will be held until they're worth significantly more than they are now. I'm in no rush to get rid of them :)

Soloing child, looks even more profitable than xmr. Soloed 240 in about 14 hrs :)
Been out of it for about a month, wish id got in earlier ;)

aww single parent ?? sorry man :D
how much khs of parenting is required for that anyway ? :D

I was just talking to him about that, he said he sold off all of his lower end cards. I sorta got busted on my electricity deal, I still only pay 35% of it but they came down on me over a couple $500 power bills over the summer-- they posted a note on my door with the part of the lease that says you aren't allowed to grow marijuana hehe. I had a good 2.5 year run, gpu mining isn't profitable enough anymore for me to fight with the landlord over it so I'm going to sell everything except the asic.

4x sapphire tri-x 290s 3/4 need RMA for fans
4x asus 270 all perfect fans
2x msi 270x gaming fresh from rma
1x visiontek 7970 fresh from rma
1x msi 6950 flashed to 6970
1x 5870
2x 5850

2x seasonic gold 850w
1x seasonic gold 750w
1x seasonic gold 550w

will be in the classies for a bit before heading to ebay

1x 5870
2x 5850

2x seasonic gold 850w
1x seasonic gold 750w
1x seasonic gold 550w

I see a lot of temptation in that list. I'd love to start getting into the 290s. Too bad I'm broke right now :(

I was just talking to him about that, he said he sold off all of his lower end cards. I sorta got busted on my electricity deal, I still only pay 35% of it but they came down on me over a couple $500 power bills over the summer-- they posted a note on my door with the part of the lease that says you aren't allowed to grow marijuana hehe. I had a good 2.5 year run, gpu mining isn't profitable enough anymore for me to fight with the landlord over it so I'm going to sell everything except the asic.

1x 5870
2x 5850

2x seasonic gold 850w
1x seasonic gold 750w
1x seasonic gold 550w

I still might pick up a 290 from you.

hehe, but i thought u sold off ur gpu farm ?
Yeah...didnt work out to well, I couldnt see losing even $25 a day for no work heheh. I might keep them another year especially since winter is coming and ill need some heat anyway

How are the new, just released nvidia cards? Much better than amd stuff, I would guess.

Just sync'd the Child wallet - looks like I have ~450 CHILD finally.

Took about 2 weeks to get :shrug:
I don't even care if it's profitable - it heats my room and helps children :D

It only helps if you donate them to the public addy...or mine at the official pool.
I reccomend manual donation, until the last day with 2x reward. Then hop on the official pool with 38% for donations.

It only helps if you donate them to the public addy...or mine at the official pool.
I reccomend manual donation, until the last day with 2x reward. Then hop on the official pool with 38% for donations.

So donate on the last day for a double donation bonus? Or the last day is all double rewards in the blocks?

I'm back mining child again due to low difficulty. Realized the days of me being able to clear a hundred plus a day were likely ending soon. Donated some, too, as I've been on Minerpools since the start and hadn't put anything in for the kids yet.

Also remembering the life and times of my original mining card, the Gigabyte HD6870, which has reached the end of the road. It's been running crazy hot lately, and I realized today one of the fans is completely toast. I could replace it and keep using the card, but it's too old and slow to pull its weight anymore. Can't downvolt it to run any cooler, either, so I might as well retire it for good this time. It was barely staying ahead of the HD7770 as is, and that card has now been overclocked to give me almost the same X11 speeds.

I'm impressed the 6870 lasted this long. That fan was already wonky when I started mining back in December.

Back